check engine light but no code?.

Ganyon

So for the past couple of days I keep getting a check engine light and when I go to get the light read, it says theres no codes.

what happens is on my way to school I drive down the back roads, every morning, and I keep the rpms low. No crazy revving or anything. Nothing over 3k rpms. Then I h ave to pull into traffic to get onto the highway, so I rev to 5-6k rpms and when I get up to speed and let off the gas, the check engine light comes on.

I always go and have autozone or advanced read the code and it always says no dtc found or something like that.

so, what could be some things to fix or replace?

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
some codes are manufacture specific so that might be why they aren't getting it. I'd take it to Honda or Acura and have them check it. That's just what I've read though.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Also check your gas cap, I've read that also can cause the light to come on with no code.

Amiguel6

AutoZone are some lying bastards! I called to see if,they can read my code and i was told that they stopped doing that like 2yrs ago. So now I'm going to drive there personally and have them read it

Ganyon

But you're obd1. They actually can't.

Amiguel6

I did the paperclip already...checked the problem, everything was fine, but that dam light won't go off

Amiguel6

So, i just finished up by doing it the ECU method, and the CEL came on within the first 30 seconds

Ganyon

Idk man. Maybe an o2 sensor is bad or something.

Anyways, I got gas before work and the gas cap was super loose. I never reset the light so its still on.