Check engine light on and car acting weird?

roxas12689

So recently I figured out why I was leaking oil and that was because the camshaft seal was out of place which fixed the oil leak, but now I drive my car the check engine light turns on and it becomes a chore to get to 4rpms on the freeway? Also when I start it back up again it cruises when I apply the brakes like almost as if it's lagging or the engine is catching up. I've pulled the code and got a code 12 I cleaned the EGR valve and nothing. I reset it and got the same code. I'm scared my engine is going to blow or something. I don't know what to do???

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Prozon

Kris
Time to diagnose the EGR setup. Pick up a vacuum gauge. Here's the pages from the factory service manual regarding the EGR. Hope it helps.

roxas12689

Dang. Well to be more specific I'm having rough idling so could that narrow the problem?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2

Prozon

Kris
A rough idle can be caused by half a million things. That's why the car was built with an on board diagnostic system. (Your check engine light.)

It could be your distributor cap, rotor, spark, plugs, wires, vacuum lines, IACV, FITV... The list goes on, but if the car is throwing an EGR code- I would suggest starting there as it's likely the cause. (Why else would it throw a code?)

I'd help you diagnose it but all I would be doing is reading the manual I just sent you and repeating it. I think we can cut out the middle man.