Check Engine light?

jtalon

hey guys, right before my check engine light comes on, my accelerator slowly sinks in just a little bit, i was on google trying to figure out the problem but figured you guys would know more than wiki, would it have to do with an O2 sensor throwing off the fuel ratio or could it just be a bad injector?

Kbb808

what year car do you have if its a obd1 computer you can check what code it is with a paper clip

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
yeah, if you have an obd1 (94-96) or obd2 (96+), find out what code youre throwing and start from there. Unless you have an obd0, cause you cant check those..

jtalon

sorry for the delayed response, havent been around lately lol, its OBD1 yes and my engines been bogging down too

jtalon

i have no idea how to check an OBD1 engine code let alone none of the garages around me have any way to either they all have OBD2 scanners only -_-

johnnymass

Take it to a dealership.
Dumb

Take it to Orielly's, autozone, etc. and let them tell you if there are codes an what they are.

Post up the results then we can help

Right now its kinda of like a blind dude explaining a painting. Sure he could do it, but it may not be anywhere close.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
Dumb

Take it to Orielly's, autozone, etc. and let them tell you if there are codes an what they are.

Right now its kinda of like a blind dude explaining a painting. Sure he could do it, but it may not be anywhere close.
How is that dumb? I can garuntee that 9 times out of 10 the certified technician will be able to figure out whats wrong rather than some dumbass at an autoparts store that doesn't even know where the diagnostics port is let alone know if it's OBD1 or OBD2.

XjoEnX

I think he was viewing it as financially dumb because the dealership charges up to $200-$300 just for a simple diagnostic (they do the same thing with OBD readers) opposed to fixing what's wrong for most likely the same price.

dlo253

Dumb

They can't do shit for obd1.......so that's also dumb lol. Just gotta jump the plug with a paper clip. Don't know how, buy a helms manual.

jtalon

sorry for the delayed response again -_- been busy as hell my friends Heep (jeep) keeps breaking lol, Thanks guys, my friend actually works at auto zone and he's coming over in a few minutes so ill ask him

dlo253

Read my post..... I told you how. Just get a paper clip and jump the two pin service connector... then turn the key and watch the cel it will flash the code..