Check out how they refer to hondas!!

1990G2TEG

Banned
What he said in the VeeDub forum:

Sup,

Well... the truth is... Hondas are Gay....

But, for real, on any given drive you must pass at least 10-30 honda civics. I honestly think honda body kits look like ass... and those stupid tails and fart pipes - come on.

From what I hear from my vendors - people are becoming more interested in the European segment as you have.

The sweet humm of German engineering is something you can only really understand after you've driven one for about a week. You really can't get the feel of a car on a test drive - even in a few hours. So you may jump in for a test drive in a Honda and a VW and like things about both.

Test drive a VR6 or 1.8t and then go over and drive a Honda. The Honda will suck especially on low end torque. Hondas may be competitive on top end horsepower. But, reality is, you don't have the engine wide open most of the time which is where VWs will be more enjoyable to drive overall.

Also, Hondas are typically about 200-300 pounds heavier then VWs. My 1998 VR6 2.8L weighs in at about 2750 stock. I think Honda Civics and Acura Integras of the same year with 4 cylinders weigh in at about 2950 to 3010 pounds.

Additionally, Hondas have shit for brakes which compounds the weight problem when braking. You can get brake upgrade kits but they are expensive.

People will tell you the Euros (VW, BMW, Porsche) are expensive to fix. That is true. But, you also have to look at how often you have to fix them... which is not very often.

To answer your question most directly... Hondas/Acuras basically come out of the box with their engines tweaked high - near their limits. A great example is the Honda S200. I will have to say 240 out of a stock normally aspirated 2.0L is very impressive. However, when a supercharger was bolted on it added about 100 HP for a total of about 340 HP. BUT, the vehicle only ran the 1/4 mile in 13.9 over it's previous 14.3. This shows that horsepower isn't everything - you need torque to back it up for overall performance.

Different reviews have had different numbers but what remains consistent is the very minor gain from the 100HP supercharger.

The whole point being... Hondas and Acuras come out of the box with the engines near their limits while VWs and other Euro type vehicles have much more room to work with. A simple $500 chip upgrade can send the VW 1.8t's horsepower from about 180 to 215 and the torque from about 170 to 247. And, thats on the tiny little stock turbo. A turbo upgrade will put you way over that.

So, this again shows how much room there is to work with on VWs.

J

What I said in their forum:

My 1991 Acura Integra LS 4 door weighs only 10 more pounds than your precious VR6, and that's stock, dimwit. Why post what you "think" is fact, when it's only your biased opinion?! I think you're just going with the crowd. Who gives a rats ass about your car, or your opinion?! I bet you're gay, PERIOD. Don't act like you know shit, when ya don't know jack. Look at stats before you put your foot in your mouth over something you "think" you know. I promise you that my mostly stock Teg, with a forced air intake will smoke that damn VR6 and leave ya lookin and feelin pretty stupid. That's from bottom to top, or start to finish for all you stupid mofo's. Funny thing about it, my other car is a Jetta. It has a 1.8 in it. Honda's B181A 1.8 DOHC would eat any VeeDub for breakfast. And by the way, you're definitely right about one thing, there's lots of room to work with under the hood of that VolksWagen b/c there was never shit there in the first place. I could throw a party under the hood of the Jetta, and never touch a spark plug. Talk about Honda's brakes? At least the mother fuckers made fuel injection worth a damn! Ask any REAL VeeDub owner about those faulty FPR's they slap in those sardine cans! Bitch, sit down, and shut up! Enough said. :thumbs up

I was grumpy n gangsta this morning!

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
my father has a vw passatt and that thing has potential to be a monster. 1.8 turbo engine that can take almost 20psi stock? that is crazy. BUT he weighs almost 3200lbs STOCK. i raced him on the highway, we did a 80-120 pull, i walked him bad BUT it is a luxury car IMO.

now my mom has an audi TT, that thing is pimp for a girls whip. pretty fast low end, but it just doesn't bang gears like the old teg. i can chirp 4th in the teg, and only 2nd in the audi.

now i agree with some things the ASS in the vw forum said. 1 all honda body kits suck, they do suck don't lie and say they don't we have all seen them 2. no torque down low. sorry to say but true.

our cars weigh less than the majority of VWs out there. and EVERY VW i have raced i have beat. it takes a lot, and i mean a lot of more to get those land yachets into the low 14's and even more to get them into the 13's. truth is hondas are easier to mod, and cheaper.

1990G2TEG

Banned
slow_99integra said:
now i agree with some things the ASS in the vw forum said.
That's cool. At least you're kosh about it. These fucks act like VW is KING. Fuckers. I had fun ripping them new assholes. Doing the drive by posting was FUN! It came outta nowhere! Bitches better watch out. There are under cover Teggies EVERYWHERE! We hear and see all, bitches!

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
i get along with my euro friends too..but to me euros break down to much..my teg is super reliable and i don't need to keep in touch with the tow truck guy as much as i used to with my jetta..Parts are super cheaper and it's more fun to drive...i love my euro but it's sitten in my backyard on jacks and my teg is sittin outside

JimDCXC

I smoked my buddy's 2.0 beetle the other day with my non vtec sohc motor, lol. VW has some nice cars but they really arent all they crack themselves up to be.

GSROWNSU

g3teg97 said:
Volkswagen people are usually obnoxious and think they're car is better.
wow you just hit the nail on the head! That's the perfect description of vdub guys...there are a few vdub guys at my school and they are all annoying and think their cars are the shit...one of them has one of those old jetta gl's with i think 120hp....and he said if we raced it would be close...i laughed at him and walked away

CortezBanks

1990G2TEG said:
What I said in their forum:

My 1991 Acura Integra LS 4 door weighs only 10 more pounds than your precious VR6, and that's stock, dimwit. Why post what you "think" is fact, when it's only your biased opinion?! I think you're just going with the crowd. Who gives a rats ass about your car, or your opinion?! I bet you're gay, PERIOD. Don't act like you know shit, when ya don't know jack. Look at stats before you put your foot in your mouth over something you "think" you know. I promise you that my mostly stock Teg, with a forced air intake will smoke that damn VR6 and leave ya lookin and feelin pretty stupid. That's from bottom to top, or start to finish for all you stupid mofo's. Funny thing about it, my other car is a Jetta. It has a 1.8 in it. Honda's B181A 1.8 DOHC would eat any VeeDub for breakfast. And by the way, you're definitely right about one thing, there's lots of room to work with under the hood of that VolksWagen b/c there was never shit there in the first place. I could throw a party under the hood of the Jetta, and never touch a spark plug. Talk about Honda's brakes? At least the mother fuckers made fuel injection worth a damn! Ask any REAL VeeDub owner about those faulty FPR's they slap in those sardine cans! Bitch, sit down, and shut up! Enough said. :thumbs up

I was grumpy n gangsta this morning!
Very well said. Good Job

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha with all this being said... they should redo their VW "EGO" commercial... ROFL

k624ash

Shea said:
i find it amusing that an Integra GSR N/A put down 170 hp from the factory and the 1.8t F/I put down 190 hp... :shock:
and thats the gsr! not the type r.
I would just like to point out that shea had a veedub :lol:

k624ash

speedin said:
what is vw's fastest car? whats hondas? so lets use the r32 and the nsx (gone for a bit, but itll be back so ill use this) is their a comparison to these 2 cars HELL NO! the nsx has the r32 is every area (except grocery getting hatchback).
actualy volkswagen owns buggati meaning it would be the veyron :shock: vs the nsx.
but honda is definitly way better. most vw people ive known always think they have the fastest/best handling/best looking/ most amazing car in the world. But realy, it just sucks.

sOuL

i like the turbo passats, my friend had one till the motor blew...it was pretty quick but weighed so much my buddys 2000 si which was stock took em...jettas aint bad either if u know how to drive but i still think hondas are way better and quicker, i hate having to work on a vw cause of how there oil filters are set up and how there wheel lugs are there studs...
what form was this u were on?

Asleep

I probably am
wel fuck them. as a testimony to the great and glorious honda, my friend sold his VR6 GTi with all it's electrical problems and made a 500 whp civic hatch that cooked everything it saw except a few supras for dinner. I hate stupid people!

Gdep031

my boy has a vw and we got no problems (just that i always run on him lol)... i think its just stupid ass people talkin out they ass cuz they probably got neat by a honda before..

DARKNGL

Amigo del Wraith
The guy had some good points and bad points about both but I dont think he knew his shit. I can remember a lot of people talking out of there ass here where I live and its just funny and then they get mad cuz one laughs....... The true knowledgable people will stay quiet and not say anything cuz they know the highs and lows and what there cars are capable of doing and there cars weaknesses. Everytime I hear someone say something so stupid I just laugh and walk away.

What he should have said was "It all depends what you want your car to do and what type of car you are looking for." not start bashing on something else. I think this guy keeps getting beat by other cars and I guess especially by Honda's cuz he puts them down so much. We all like our humming of our engines and specially when Vtec kicks in. Every car is different. My friend has a Golf GTI and I love it. It really pulls hard. He loves it too but one thing he regrets getting rid of is ..... his hatch with a B16 Vtec. He misses that thing and that car was a beast and it was N/A. It was beautiful!

Well all I have to say is the guy went about it the wrong way and could have worded some things better. He made himself look like a real ass. This is what I really think he should have done....

teggy2281

I agree to darkngl statement. but remember i told you guys before about me and my friend with the gti golf that was going to race? well this is funny because we raced about a week ago and his car was actually pretty quick and i only beat him by about half a car length.anyways, that guys in that vw forum is a totall fuck nut.he should get his stupid little ass ran over by a honda and write vtec on his forehead.