Cheesenips 2.4L swap 97 neon build up thread

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
yea i am a memeber on there i am torn between my neon and the teg lol its hard
Well with the teg, you have more options, the neon..its just different. if you decide on the neon..keep it clean!!! please!!! ( and buy my shit)

mattDA9

it is clean and still runs with 141,000 miles burns a lot of oil but thats another story...... oh did i mention the head gasket? :)

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
what I've learned from neon tuning is Neon parts are hella cheap compared to Teg parts, but the selection for teg parts is HUGE compared to Neon parts..

it all depends on how innovative you can get... Performance companies saw the teg as a street car, where as the neon was mom's grocery getter... that's about just as fast as a DA. lol

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
it is clean and still runs with 141,000 miles burns a lot of oil but thats another story...... oh did i mention the head gasket? :)
all the time or after it sits for a min? Sounds like valve seals. headaskets are common, I have spare valve seals and a sohc head too..;)

mattDA9

well this summer i am rebuilding it so i cam interested in some parts but it doesn't hold any oil i have to add oil i changed the head gasket on it with the MLS one

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
well this summer i am rebuilding it so i cam interested in some parts but it doesn't hold any oil i have to add oil i changed the head gasket on it with the MLS one
did you have the head shaved? IF you did, sounds like you have bad valve seals. the 96 i mentioned in the 1st post did that. Its probably about the side of a computer now. Car crusher FTW

mattDA9

yep had the head machined, and no car crusher put to much fucking money into this car. how hard it to change the valve seals

mattDA9

can you hold on to that for me or you looking to get rid of it rite away cause as soon as summer hits i am going to work on it.