Choices For Rear Deck Speakers in sedans!?

Surferman

Okay. So I searched and searched and found nothing. Im looking to get some new rear speakers for my 94 sedan, witch stock speakers are 6x9. However, crutchfield says non of the 6x9's will fit it. I kinda rather have some 6x9's in the back to replace my stocks instead of 6.5 and mounting the tweeter and what ever. So has anyone got pics, tips, suggestions on what i should do? I wanted to be able to fit my factory grills back on for a clean install, also didn't want nothing special just some decent cheap speakers.

What should i do? What 6x9 would fit? You think i should just get some 6.5 and mount the tweeter like crutchfield says? All i really wanna do is not mount anything, and get like a 3/4 way speaker to put em in there.

Isnt 6x9's louder and better than those round ones? lol

^Thanks for reading all this too^:p

Surferman

Yeah but will i be able to put my factory grills back on? Cuz i know some speakers have a high mounting dept.

So i was talkin to a crutchfield dude cuz i was gonna get some cheap kenwood speakers:http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=52300&i=113KFC6970&tp=91&avf=N and he said this:
will be happy to help with your question on the Kenwood speakers. Unfortunately the mounting height isn't the only thing preventing the speaker from being installed. The speaker's cutout measurements must be less than 8.728" x 5.830" and that particular Kenwood measures 5.946". The good news is The Pioneer TS-A6962R speakers should work and you can find them here:http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=130TSA6962&tp=91&tab=features_and_specs
Then I was thinking about some cheap infinity's:http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=52300&i=1089613I&tp=91&avf=N
And saw the mounting hight was 3inches! I know im not gonna be able to put the factory grills on.

And i just wanted to but the facotry grills back on so it woulndt look crappy. Or at least some kind of grills lol.

Surferman

Yeah im running a stock system too no amps. Just want to replace the rears. Probably get them...

You think the factory grills are gonna go on?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yeah im running a stock system too no amps. Just want to replace the rears. Probably get them...

You think the factory grills are gonna go on?
Not sure man. You can try to ask. I'm planning to replace all my speakers too.

heykosal

Angkorian
I had all the same questions when i was replacing my speakers (coupe, polk 6.5'' all around). i researched and searched and asked but the way i figured out if the mounting depth was to just mount it. fortunately for me, i did not need aftermarket mounting cups, or custom made ones. they screwed right in. also, the factory grilles fit perfectly, but without the aftermarket polk ones.
i think you should get 6x9 rear, those are the largest woofer that will fit right? the bigger woofer will give you better bass. right now i have 6x5 all around with no sub and the sound/clarity is there, but the bass is kind of weak.
my $.02

Surferman

I had all the same questions when i was replacing my speakers (coupe, polk 6.5'' all around). i researched and searched and asked but the way i figured out if the mounting depth was to just mount it. fortunately for me, i did not need aftermarket mounting cups, or custom made ones. they screwed right in. also, the factory grilles fit perfectly, but without the aftermarket polk ones.
i think you should get 6x9 rear, those are the largest woofer that will fit right? the bigger woofer will give you better bass. right now i have 6x5 all around with no sub and the sound/clarity is there, but the bass is kind of weak.
my $.02
yeah the stock speaKrs in the rear is 6x9, but if you look on car sites like crutchfield they say all there speakers are too big. So im trying to figure out if i can custom mount the 6x9's some how and still use factory grills. I already placed some 6.5 kenwoods in the front with no problem what so ever, however they said that those speakers fit. And they say none of the 6x9's will fit but instead a 6.5 with an adapter will fit perfectly[and you have to mount tweeters]. So it sucks cuz i want 6x9s in the back for louder sound lol.

heykosal

Angkorian
geez idk someone else should know. idk why aftermarket 6x9's wont fit if stock speakers are. probably due to mounting depth. are there any kind of adapter for any 6x9's? you probably could custom mount them pretty easily, but dont take my word lol.

my speakers fit no problem all around. i have no tweeters in the rear theyre mounted on the woofer. i got the mids and highs up front cause i have components.

Surferman

Yeah i think its cuz of the mounting height/depth or something. Theres nothing under the speaker just the truck so they could be pretty deep, however on the top the factory grills are less than an half an inch tall.

Guy said on crutchfield says:Unfortunately the mounting height isn't the only thing preventing the speaker from being installed. The speaker's cutout measurements must be less than 8.728" x 5.830" and that particular Kenwood measures 5.946"

Dont know what that means lol. And yeah im sure someone on here should know! just havent seen the thread yet lol. i hate technical stuff like this.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i have infinity reference 6x9's 3-way hooked up to a 4-ch amp, and i like them... only paid like $50 bucks on ebay so i can't really hate them. however i heard my friends JL 6x9... they are HELLA crisp clear with good bass and it wasn't even hooked up to an amp but to the receiver.

i think what crutchfield meant is that the rear latch to fold the seats down... one of the metal bars might be in the way if the magnet on the speaker is too big. what i did was basically bend the metal bar around the speaker magnet and stil be able to pull the latch and fold the rear seats.

igotvtec16

the dude might mean that the holes dont line up..has anyone ever put 6x9s in the back of a coupe?id like a bit more bass =/

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
^^^ it doesn't matter if the holes dont line up, the speaker set should come with adapter brackets.