Choosing Swap, help

LJmLee

So ive owned 2 hondas so far a 89 civic hatch and still have a 98 civic coupe. never really did much with em.. im buying an integra to start up a project including a swap and i was wondering what would be the best swap for not toooo much money and not just a mini me im talkin whole thing and i want to build it for boost so what do you all think would be the best swap to buy?

LJmLee

alright thanks man ill start researching those and find what i think would be better for me. +1

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the ls has a compression ratio of 9.0:1 at sea level and is good for turbo boost. ive seen them as much as 300whp stock internals as long as the motor is healthy, However, the GSR (b18C1) has a head which is made for forced induction although it has a static compression of 10.0:1.

LJmLee

from what im seeing its gonna cost me around 3.5k to get a gsr complete swap and im willing to pay that much so i think im gonna go with the gsr.

LJmLee

yeah i know that ive been reading alot about all this.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Actually what might be a little better would be doing a B20 Vtec with a gsr head. Its similar to the D series mini me

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
b20 blocks can be sourced for 400, you can hold out on the transmission for a while, and i think the heads go for 300-400, ecu 100, ls vtec conversion ranges from $10-100ish. I would go b20 Vtec if i didnt have a gsr motor