chp thread continued

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
http://clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=5756

heres more links
http://www.bakersfield.com/bnw/story/5782647p-5799281c.html
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=3748750
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20051221-1646-ca-chpcrash.html

dont know why the other one was locked, but anyways, those of you who dont live here in california will NEVER understand the import enthausiast communitys deep seeded hatred for the CHP. These people profile like nobodys business. They issue citations for nonsense. The worst story is a friend of mine got pulled over and the cop realising nothing on his car was illegal goes, i pulled you over because your winsheild is cracked .... last time i checked its pretty hard to see a cracked winsheild on the freeway at night. EVERY cititation i have ever recieved from them has been unjust and undeserved.

I have plenty of respect for my local PD and sheriffs but not any for chp.

I hope the driver of the rsx NEVER gets caught, and doesnt hesitate to run in the same manner if pursued again, hes obviously doing something right if hes able to outmaneuvr CHP ... the sad thing is hes probably a local if he knew the road that well.

integrayean

inline4 whore
it was closed cause of me, so i cant say anything no more or it will close again so all i can say is im from cali where cops are most active and im with you on this one.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
This is the last thread about this issue. Any cop bashing in this thread will automatically get it deleted.

I've heard stories from countless people telling me abou the CHP and how they're ass holes, etc. Look at it this way, that CHP Officer is dead now because of a person that wouldn't pull over. Now who knows if it was the CHP's officers fault that he crashed or not. There's probably more to the story. The fact of the matter is, if the RSX owner pulled over this wouldn't have happened. Sure, maybe he got some lousy ticket for something. When you get a ticket, you can go to court and fight it.

What I'm saying is, now that CHP officer isn't coming home to his wife and two children. You can't even imagine what his family is going through. They're dad/husband is gone forever. And for what? Because he was doing his job? Because that RSX owner didn't pull over?

I see both arguements on this issue, but getting in a wreck and dying is a lot worse than just getting some traffic violation.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
its a shame the guy died, but lets turn the responsibility card around. You say its the RSX drivers fault for running.

As far as i can tell it was an 18 wheeler changing lanes that caused the cop to lose control of his car.

Where is the accountability for his OWN actions here? Just like the RSX driver could have chosen not to run, the CHP officer could have chosen to discontinue pursuit. He was obviously operating his own vehicle at speeds unsafe for the conditions.

1329itr00

Type R
its a shame that the guy died cause someone didn't stop... i feel bad for his family and friends cause he died doing his job

tonys2teg

super brother
i am with melt on this one because they can' blame the guy from getting away from the cops the cop s hould have called off the chase insted of trying to chase a tiny acura. it is said someone had to lose their life over this matter.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
wow well i really dont have many word to say its a shame this happen'd to and officer and this is coming from some one that follows nwa hate words to the note when they said fuck the police. i hate cops and i think their a-holes but id never wish harm to them specially not death, ive had my share of tickets and i just got a bull shit ticket if u read my thread but i would not wish death to that officer yeah id like to bitch slap the taste out of his mouth but not death. i do agree with melt that chp are alway anal about anything.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i watched the video in the other thread and like i said these people assign no accountability to the officer for operating his car too fast for conditions .... plus i read that they rolled a car matching the description but they determined it wasnt him after questiong .. if it was the guy all he would have to say is he was coming back from the mojave desert via 58 and thats the end of it since they obviously have no evidence to go on.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
Melt said:
i watched the video in the other thread and like i said these people assign no accountability to the officer for operating his car too fast for conditions .... plus i read that they rolled a car matching the description but they determined it wasnt him after questiong .. if it was the guy all he would have to say is he was coming back from the mojave desert via 58 and thats the end of it since they obviously have no evidence to go on.
DUE I DONT THINK THE RSX DRIVER IS TO BLAME FOR MAN SLATER OR ANY SHIT LIKE THAT THE ONLY THING COMING TO HIM IS A SPEEDING TICKET THATS ALL FUCK ALL THEESE OTHER ACCUSATIONS AND SORRY IF I SPELLED IT WRONG . THAT A LOAD OF CRAP HE DINT CAUSE THE ACCIDENT YEAH HE WAS SPEEDING A FAILED TO STOP. I HOPE HE DOSENT GET COUGHT I FEEL FOR THE OFFICER AND HIS PEOPLES BUT WE AS MEN ALL KNOW OUR LIMIT'S AND NOW HOW FAR WE CAN GO HE PUSHED HIS LUCK ON A UNSAFE CONDITIONS. I JUST DONT THINK HES TO BLAME FOR THIS DEATH YEAH HE RAN OWAY BUT HE COULD HAD SUFFERED THE SAME CONSECUENSES AS THE CHP OFFICER DID. ITS LIKE SAYING MY BOYS SAID IM A BITCH CUZ I DONT WANT TO RACE MY CAR SO I RACE'D MY CAR AND I GOT COUGHT RACING SO MY FRIENDS SHOULD PAY FOR THE TICKET TOO OR GET A TICKET!!!!!!!! NO U HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO IF U DONT WANT TO JUST LIKE THE COP COULD HAD CHASED THE RSX FROM A SAFE DISTANCE TILL BACK UP ARRIVED BUT ALL COPS TRY TO BE HEROS AND TAKE ALL THE CREDIT I KNOW CUZ I HAVE WELL HAD A FRIEND THAT IS A S.P.D AND HES A JACK ASS NOW

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
A crown vic will never hang with an RSX in the handling department. Im amazed the cop continued to chase and didnt just call in the tags, if he coudl actualley read them. Most of them wont continue to chase if its dangerous to the public, and 100+ speeds are dangerous to the public.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Melt said:
its a shame the guy died, but lets turn the responsibility card around. You say its the RSX drivers fault for running.

As far as i can tell it was an 18 wheeler changing lanes that caused the cop to lose control of his car.

Where is the accountability for his OWN actions here? Just like the RSX driver could have chosen not to run, the CHP officer could have chosen to discontinue pursuit. He was obviously operating his own vehicle at speeds unsafe for the conditions.
I agree with you on this. So many things could've happened, so many things didn't have to. It's a shame, yes but I believe both people had some responsibility. It's not solely the RSX drivers fault and it's not solely the CHP officers fault.

Why didn't the officer radio to a helicopter or something. You can't outrun one of those.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
as far as i can figure the guy was in the process of radioing and crashed when dispatch asked him for plates.