Cleaning the engine bay

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
ive been working on mine, i have a lot of surface rust and i used spoked wheel acid on in and it did a tremendous job on it , ill post pics when shes done.

Sammich

if anything u will get moisture that u can just wipe out of the dizzy cap, but i havent had to do that since my dizzy cap had a crack in it on my truck...so if everything is sealed, u have absolutely nothing to worry about

amaestre32

my buddy told me that you can power wash it but you should cover the dizzy and the intake..he said to also keeep the engine running ? is this right?

Sammich

intake...MAYBE..even wheni had the intake on the integra...and intake on the max, i never focus water on that area...sprayed around it lightly, but not full force with it on the intake. like i said, never had problems. i have personally never power washed/pressure washed my engine bay, always a garden hose w/ a end on it.

and yes, keep the engine running. i just follow what the guys do at the ford and chevy dealerships, and ive had no problems what so ever

amaestre32

lol alright thats what i was gonna do..everyone says different things and theres not really an answer everyone agrees on.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would still say cover the plugs on the valve cover, I hosed mine down before and had water get in. Getting water out is a pain in the ass.