Club integra's detailing thread

dc2_

they look good man
u should offer headlight restoration in ur area i always charge 50 a pair...good easy money

for the person that asked
u can start wetsanding with 2000 then polish it out with wat jgvtec said "ultimate compound"
followed by polish...ultimate polish,plastx,ect ect.
then wax

if ur headlights are really bad then start with 1000 grit sideways, then up n down with 2000 grit

dont use one of those cheap 30 dollar buffers they dont work!
much better to do by hand then with that, but its gonna take a while unless u have a dual action polisher or some sort of high speed buffer.

best thing to do is buy meguiars headlight restoration kit,comes with everything u need.

JGvtec

Well since im doing so good with the DA (Dual Action) buffer later in the week im going to get a Rotary buffer from Harbor Freight I need to get familiarized with different machines.

dc2_

thats cool man! i would get a rotary too but my minds kinda set on other things right now i havent buffed any cars in a while

96tegra

Detailer/Mechanic
Man check out detailking.com. Thats where ive been going to get all my polishers/buffers. Good stuff on there. leaves a nice shine too :)

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
I should've taken before and after pics of my heads when I polished them....eh

whitedc4

i think im detailing my car this weekend but i use sonax for everything that i do. and some other brand that has the worrd "island" in it. i order them from detailersdomain.com amazing stuff

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Well, did some cleaning today of the teggy :)

Decided the 4Runner also needed a little love :thumbs up

Before

After :)

phatintegra

Banned
I fully detailed my Euro last week minus the rims and interior and since then my vehicle been sitting under the car cover at my parents house.

Wash, fully dry, clay, polish, and wax and here is the aftermath sorry no before shot and using Iphone.

Last edited:

JGvtec

Just a tip for those who detail there cars.

If you are using wax you should look into getting a paint sealant instead. Car wax has a very low evaporating temp, while paint sealant has a very high temp. Once the wax has been on your car it should only take about 2 weeks for it to evaporate off because of the hot sun.