Club integra's detailing thread

dc2_

i got mine with the ten foot cord for 140 i think?thats shiipped and everything...yeah its pretty strong bro i just dont use speed 6 because of the pads i use from meguiars...they dont reccomment to use those pads on speed 6 they tear up....but speed 5 is pretty good for anything...also i didnt use the backingplate from griots,not that its not good...but i bought the meguiars backingplate to use with their pads

which pads did u have? LC pads?

JGvtec

Well i don't have any pads yet. I was thinking of just getting the combo. The LC pads look pretty good. Ill probably end up getting the cheaper ones that are just flat. Plus i think machine polishing uses less product than hand polishing. Most people think they need a shit ton of polish to get the job done.

dc2_

yea i usually start with a circle around the edges of the pad...and add more as i go...like a line from top to bottom...too much wont work,and too little wont work either lol...one thing i learned is after about every panel clean your pad on the fly so all the excess product sunk in the pad gets out...all of that stuck in there decreases cutting ability.

JGvtec

yea i usually start with a circle around the edges of the pad...and add more as i go...like a line from top to bottom...too much wont work,and too little wont work either lol...one thing i learned is after about every panel clean your pad on the fly so all the excess product sunk in the pad gets out...all of that stuck in there decreases cutting ability.
I remember i thing you were telling me you work at like volvo i think? :what: I was thinking of applying to be a porter at some dealership but all i hear they do is vacuum th cars out and move them around. :(

dc2_

lol na man i dont work at volvo...i dont have a job right now, i just polish a few cars here n there for cash...but iam gonna work at my homies performance accessory shop pretty soon...dont u detail right now for cash? how is that going?how do u get clients? im just wondering since ima be doing this for the next month and i need to make more cash

JGvtec

lol na man i dont work at volvo...i dont have a job right now, i just polish a few cars here n there for cash...but iam gonna work at my homies performance accessory shop pretty soon...dont u detail right now for cash? how is that going?how do u get clients? im just wondering since ima be doing this for the next month and i need to make more cash
Thats what i want to do. I eventually want to make a business out of it. Although i need cash to start it. My dad has the perfect spot for me. I have yet to start anything because i don't have the supply's yet. Just so you know you can make free business cars at vista print. ;)

dc2_

i have some already i got about 500 lol.

u dont need much to start

i got the machine...a few pads and a few products...but i dont do detailing...i dont do inside...i do exterior/paint only
thats prbbly why u need more huh

JGvtec

Just wondering what are your rates?

Yea there really isn't much to do on the inside of the car. Basically vacuum and protect everything. No need for a carpet shampooer when a brush and some elbow grease works. I was still wondering about those brushes that attach to the back of the buffer.

dc2_

well i do any small car like a civic or integra for 100..i figure its 20 bucks an hour.

larger cars or trucks i would do like 120-160...but i only done hondas/integras before.

but i only do buffing along with cleaning the wheels n windows at the end lol.nothing else.

what brushes?the ones that go inside the machine? i heard their cheap and u dont have to replace them till a long long time

JGvtec

well i do any small car like a civic or integra for 100..i figure its 20 bucks an hour.

larger cars or trucks i would do like 120-160...but i only done hondas/integras before.

but i only do buffing along with cleaning the wheels n windows at the end lol.nothing else.

what brushes?the ones that go inside the machine? i heard their cheap and u dont have to replace them till a long long time

I heard most detailing places don't take the proper amount of time to do a good clay bar job. The clay bar is like the most important thing.

On a side not since i clay bared/polished/waxed my car it was outside and all i had to do was move the snow a bit and it was just gliding off. :)

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
I heard most detailing places don't take the proper amount of time to do a good clay bar job. The clay bar is like the most important thing.

On a side not since i clay bared/polished/waxed my car it was outside and all i had to do was move the snow a bit and it was just gliding off. :)
no, the wool pad is the most important thing, beause its the only one that cuts the clear, and leaves takes away swirls. clay just fills in the clear/ takes off wax. i have never really clayed, beause its not worth the the time, if you use a steamer or a good hand wash can do the same before a buff.

dc2_

no, the wool pad is the most important thing, beause its the only one that cuts the clear, and leaves takes away swirls. clay just fills in the clear/ takes off wax. i have never really clayed, beause its not worth the the time, if you use a steamer or a good hand wash can do the same before a buff.

wrong my friend, wool pad is not the only thing that cuts clear,polishing pad and cutting pads or a towel with some elbow grease with compound cut thru clear too... clay however does not fill in, claying does take off wax. but claying is important to use before compounding,clay removes above surface contamintation...if u really want a perfect smooth as glass finish then claying is needed before using a wool or anything that cuts clear...

now i cant say which is more important..but surface preperation(washing,claying) is real important before doing any correction

Last edited:

JGvtec

wrong my friend, wool pad is not the only thing that cuts clear,polishing pad and cutting pads or a towel with some elbow grease with compound cut thru clear too... clay however does not fill in, claying does take off wax. but claying is important to use before compounding,clay removes above surface contamintation...if u really want a perfect smooth as glass finish then claying is needed before using a wool or anything that cuts clear...

now i cant say which is more important..but surface preperation(washing,claying) is real important before doing any correction
Word.

Thats mostly the reason why shit doesn't last as long, because people don't take the proper time to wash/clay bar. When there is surface contamination you won't get a great long lasting time. Because its not fully bonding to the paint..

Last edited: