Cluster light went out and all my tail lights out except for my brake lights.

4doorast

Is it a pain to change the cluster bulb? Did I blow a fuse or do I just need to change the bulbs for my taillight? Thanks in advance!

racerguy06

sounds like you may have just blown the fuse. I would start with that first. they share the same fuse so its a possibility but than there is the fact of what caused it so possible short too

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Pull out this tray because it has fuse layout map on it.

Look under the dash and find the 10A tail light/ license plate light fuse.

4doorast

Cool thanks under the dash. And just replace the 10a fuse? Also question not only did my cluster go out but my lights for the heating and a/c dash went out. Also my car is automatic so the lights for park, neutral, and gear lights went out.

Thanks!

4doorast

Ok so I replaced the 10a fuse and it was working and when I turned my car on it blew again. I'm like why?!!!! I know two weeks ago the changed my reverse light.but what could be the probably now?

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Obviously, you have a short. Did you verify you put in the correct bulb in the reverse light? Also, do you have an aftermarket radio?

4doorast

Idk I went to get an oil change and they replaced it for me. Yes I have an aftermarket radio, it has been there ever since I bought the car. 3years now.

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
So, this all happened after you got an oil change? Okay, now you're gonna look for any exposed wires. Hopefully, you know how to remove your radio. If not: it's here

Well then...there's a possibility of a loose wire touching ground/metal. Thus, the short. It's most likely the orange illumination wire on the aftermarket radio harness. This happened to my brother's car. Same symptoms:no cluster lights and tail lights aren't lit.

4doorast

Ok Pulled the radio out ad there is an orNge wire. It is cut in half and not connected to anything. Do I just take it up with electrical tape?