cluster lights are out, help me please

mastashea20

just traded my 99 ls for a 95 ls special edition sedan, i needed a four door for reasons and need some help.

i looked at the car last night n it had the instrumental cluster/ and climate control all light up and now tonight its not, what fuse wld it be or what? (i plan to buy some fuses tomorow and will let you all know if this worked)

also the sunroof will open very little and than go rly slow to stoping, what is wrong with it, i have to push it shut and i dnt think i got it shut all the way but it cant be noticed, please let me know if its a ufuse maybe or what? and motor? if so is the motor hard to change?

also the car idles at under 1xxx at like 7xx idk but its under 1xxx is that due to the cold weather it is around 20-40 degrees here so could that be it? if not wa wld u say i had a iacv problem on an old car but it was alot diffrent to this my rpms use to jump around in the old car so idk if this is the same area of troubleshooting or what?

and it has abs brakes and when i step on the brakes sometimes when im about to be at a complete stop the brake will like click sorta and i can feel it in my foot.... what would that be (the abs is throwing no code because the light is not on when the car is driving, so i think it was due to the snow/ice on these new egland roads)

also my right turn signal blinks like crazy!!!!!!!!!! why is this (thanks plan to fix this 2 morrow my front turn signal was out)

thanks guys/gals

and for future refrence after my problems i put in perentheses the answers to the problems to help people out in future if they have them hopefully i can help others some how and kuchtaboy thank you for being so activly responsive

i will throw up some pics of it also tomorow to share with evry1

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
there's a fuse in the internal fusebox that says internal lighting - thats probably it

sunroof.. could be the motor, could just be wiring (which isnt fun)

abs, sounds like your one of your wheel speed sensors is bad. either pull the abs fuse for a quick fix, or reaplace the bad sensor. when you do the trick to check cel lights, your abs light will also blink to give you an abs code - use the code to find out what wheel sensor is bad

mastashea20

if it was something wrong wouldnt my abs light come on? casue that happened in my old car the wheel sensor was messed up so the abs light was on n now it aint. i thought it was maybe just the abs working?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
abs shouldnt work every time you step on the brake tho.

does the light turn on when you first start the car?

mastashea20

ya it is not everytime only when i slow down rly slow sometimes and yes it does come on when i start the car up

maybe like 4/10 times when i step on the brakes it will make the noise so ya its not always idk how abs works

mirrorimg

The ABS light is like the check engine light. Its a specific code.

Pull it, and you will probably be able to pinpoint your problem.

mjones73

To answer your last question, the fast blinking is to let you know one of your turn signals is out.

mastashea20

iite found the blinking was the front turn signal thank you man

and yes im from new egland lol and we just got a blizzard with alot of snow and ice

mastashea20

it dont bounce jus when i first start it up and it is cold out it will go up to like 2xxx slowly and than come down gradually.