cluster lights fail. need help.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
so i decided to change my cluster bulbs on my cluster, my car is a 97 integra btw. so i guess i used the wrong bulbs because i smelled something burning as soon as i turned on my headlights, now my cluster backlight is not working but everything else works on the cluster. i checked all my fuses and they were all good. so i traced the burning smell and its coming from the dimmer switch and i replaced the dimmer switch and also bought a new itr jdm cluster and still no lights on cluster. and the new dimmer switch smelled burnt again. im getting so frustrated and idk what to do. does anybody know whats going on?

jarrod

learning to customize
Soundss like u have shorted it somewhere down the line all i can say is to trace all your wiring and test it all

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
Soundss like u have shorted it somewhere down the line all i can say is to trace all your wiring and test it all
damn how do i trace? is the dimmer switch still good if it smells funny?

jarrod

learning to customize
Like folow all the wires and see if any are split and touching . umm not sure test it on something elce and see if it still works fine

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
Like folow all the wires and see if any are split and touching . umm not sure test it on something elce and see if it still works fine
so i pretty much need to gut the wires out ehh? do i need to take out any interior pieces?