cluster/short throw shifter help

one_stitch

ok, bout to install a short throw shifter in my 93 DA. Has anyone done this? Is this a major deal? I am hoping its just a few bolts on top and bottom. Some hints would help. I also want to install some reverse glow gauges too. The cluster looks impossible to get to. Does half of the dash come out and does the steering column have to be dropped down? any tips for either or both projects would help. Thanks fells (and ladies)!

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
its pretty easy if ur good with tools you need to drop the exhaust and unbolt the heat sheild from the cat it has like 8 bolts holding it on there 10mm and then unbolt the shifter assembly and take the linkage off the trans it all has to come off the car and put the new shifter in the same way the stock one came out

one_stitch

ok, i am worried there because it has a custom exhaust that is in 2 pieces. I might not be able to drop the exhaust. shouldnt have any trouble from the cat because there isn't one. what has to be done from the inside of the car? boot coming off along with the console? or does it all drop out from underneath?