Clutch advice needed!

mikal

Alright guys, I've been gathering parts for my gsr engine swap and 5 speed conversion for a while now. Well Im at the point where I need to order the last thing on the list, my clutch. I've been looking around and reading reviews for days, and am seeking insight on what I should run.

Right now I'm leaning heavily towards this clutch kit;
http://competitionclutch.com/store/dsp_part_detail.php?vinvid=2275

I'm looking for a clutch that will be great for daily driving and good on track as well. I'm also looking for something that will last a good amount of time, and something that's durable. This will be going in a gsr swapped integra ls, with i/h/e for now until more funds are available.

*Also I'm looking to spend about $350-400 on a clutch so if there's something else you'd recommend over this clutch that fits what I need let me know.*

hollowfox

yea going up hire would mk it a bit ruff for daily driving jus get a stage 1

mikal

The only thing right now to me is that if I get stage one it's going to limit me on performance upgrades in the future. Which at the very least I'm going to run nitrous if I dont end up boosting it. I want something my car will have room to grow with and not be so limited.

red.line

I really doubt a Stage 1 would limit you unless you plan on pushing some serious torque.
And depending on how quickly you build your car, if/when you ever come to a point where you need a stronger clutch, it could be time to replace this one anyways.

DC2-98

agreed....anything but this one is gonna jerk your neck back alot...might wanna look into a flywheel also...that helps too...:p

I really doubt a Stage 1 would limit you unless you plan on pushing some serious torque.
And depending on how quickly you build your car, if/when you ever come to a point where you need a stronger clutch, it could be time to replace this one anyways.

mikal

So nobody has any complaints of the stage 1 exedy? Also I was planning on a 12lb flywheel.

mikal

I've been doing more reasearch, I'm now torn between exedy stage 1 and the clutchmasters fx100. I can't find anything negative about clutchmasters, but I've been finding tons of praise and failures with the exedy stage one.

Koolass

Idk how much it costs, but a lot of guys with DC5's are going with the CC clutch and ACT prolite flywheel.

I know you have a teg, but I've felt a DC5 with an exedy stage 1 clutch and 9 pound flywheel. Felt great. And I'm pretty sure the exedy stage 1 clutch comes with a 9 pound flywheel.