Clutch Engages Extremely High - Issue??

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Need the forums help for this one.

I have had an Exedy Stage 2 clutch in my car for over 5 years.

The clutch had always grabbed towards the top of the pedal, but now it is really at the top.
Pretty much there is a little bit of pedal play towards the top, then right when you feel the pedal start to push into the clutch master, the clutch disengages after only a little bit of pressure.

People have told me that when it grabs really high that means the surface is worn out and i prolly should buy a clutch soon.

Just wondering if everyone has that same conclusion.

I have also adjusted my clutch rod underneath the dash. All it does is increase the amount of pedal free play at the top, the clutch still disengages towards the top of the stroke.

Any ideas???

-Kyle

Nick_C78

Shouldn't have touched the rod under dash. That can cause slippage when you install a new clutch. Think of how the pressure plate works with the pedal. As it wears, less and less pressure is needed to release it. How old is the clutch. If you got 2 seasons out of it be happy. Lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
try bleeding it first. My clutch is 3.5 years and going.

Nick_C78

If it was air or old fluid causing it the clutch would be disengaging later, not earlier, but sure you can try it.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I just re bled it and installed a new CMC and that did nothing to help. I am guessing it's just time for a new one

Nick_C78

5 years of DD and track? Yeah man that is a damn good life for that clutch. Post pics of it when you take it off. Curious how far in to the rivets it is lol

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Ok will do lol I have a track event at the end of may debating whether to hold it.out for that event and do it after or rush and try to finish it before... it still grabs fine just is really high

Nick_C78

Just go to the event with the mentality that it might have to be driven home clutchless. No biggie.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I guess I could do that I have something like that.
I can never tell when you guys are serious or being sarcastic ass holes lol - so you guys would do the same thing? Just drive it and see how it goes?