Clutch Help

XxRiceronixX

well when I first got the car the clutch pedal is all the way at the top and you have to push it a long way to put it into gear but now it feels like the clutch pedal almost touches the floor and this morning I turned my car on fine but when i touched the clutch to the floor and tried to put it into reverse it had a grind sound and would not go into gear and when I tried to put it in first it wouldn't go in, there wasn't a grind like when I tried to put it into reverse any light on this?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It's most likely your master and/or slave cylinder going south. If these have never been changed, then that is most likely the culprit. Check up under your dash where the pushrod goes into the master cylinder for leaks as well as the slave cylinder on the front of the transmission.

XxRiceronixX

ok so I read up on how to adjust the pushrod, it says I have to get it up on a lift, do I really need to do this because its not moving in the first place so I can't get it to a lift.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Why would you need a lift to adjust the master cylinder? The pushrod on the master cylinder is inside the car. It's what connects to your clutch pedal

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That is incorrect for your car. The master cylinder pushrod on your is inside the car. That write up is for older Integras that have a cable clutch system. Your clutch system is hydraulic. On your's, the slave cylinder is the one on the transmission and it is not adjustable

XxRiceronixX

alright thanks for your help hopefully I can get it moving again

XxRiceronixX

ok so Im working on it now and the locknut at B is twisting the push rod too so getting it loose is out of the question... what do I do now?