clutch no bueno

Coney

Spacely
Got a new clutch installed right before i left for school cause im lazy and never got on top of it when i had lots of time. when i picked it up the clutch was great. the next day i jumped on the highway to head out to school in buffalo (5 hour drive woohoo). Getting off the highway the clutch now grabs all the way at the end of the pedal (as in im almost off the pedal) and has a very short engagement. checked the clutch fluid and its fine. It was great when i first picked it up so wtf happened while i drove it?

Clutch is a Competition stage 2 w/ the GSR flywheel resurfaced

96GSRteg

Tyler
someone correct me if im wrong, but all clutches have different friction points (where is starts to grab) and will all feel different. Personally, I loved the stock feel of my gsr clutch, but when i upgraded it was completely different. I was like driving a different car almost. It will just take a while to get used to.

but again, I could be wrong though I havent heard of this being a problem before.

96GSRteg

Tyler
Clutch's take time to break in.
^^also this. I forgot to mention that. Mine suggested 1000 miles, Ive seen others at 500 miles. It depends on what they recommend. It sucks for a while but it will ensure everything sets properly.

Coney

Spacely
i know they have break in periods but why would it initally grab so much closer to the floor and now grabs when im almost completely off the clutch pedal

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
i know they have break in periods but why would it initally grab so much closer to the floor and now grabs when im almost completely off the clutch pedal
I'm pretty sure it has to do with where they set it to engage. I just got an OEM Exedy clutch and it grabs at the top of the pedal where I barely have ti pushed in. It's like learning how to drive it again. Not to mention I hadn't driven my car in like four weeks. It also chatters in 1st and reverse from a stop.

nuggets

I'd call the manufactuer and ask them where the engagement usually is on the clutch. If it's not all the way up top as usual, I'd call the shop. Maybe there was still some air in the lines from when it replaced.