teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
ok heres what were looking at....

- its going into a DC4
- id like it to handle up to 400hp
- id like the pedal feel to be as comfortable as possible
- going in a daily driven car that sees lots of stop and go traffic
- will see the occational track time

so with that said... what kinds of clutches are you guys running and how do you like them? right now im kind of looking into ACT, Exedy, Competition Clutch, Spec, and... well actually i think thats it so far lol

heykosal

Angkorian
Daikin Clutch(Exedy) FTW!

Also look into Clutchmasters, pretty affordable.

I'd probably stay away from multiplate clutches and the exotic materials..all of that negatively affects daily drivability. I'd say to be safe anything above "stage 3" you'll be kicking yourself everytime in traffic.

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
my brother had a Stage 2 in his DA. It sucked... But I'm also used to a hydraulic vs. cable

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i have an exedy stage 2, 3 puck clutch in my car right now...and with the hydraulic trans its not that bad but i agree that you shouldnt go anything above like a stage 3, 6 puck....ACT and Clutchmasters are also good choices

patrick4588

Integra God
competiton clutch is known for having soft comfortable pedals. my exedy stage 2 was much harder pedal than my current stage 5 competition clutch. i would go ahead and get a stage 5 competition clutch. i daily mine everyday. its easier than my exedy stage 2 was and the pedal is nice and comfy.

Spody02

Name: Cody
they have to different options for stage 5 one with 4 Pad Ceramic
and one with 4 Pad Rigid Ceramic

whats the difference?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Exedy is my clutch of choice. I have a stage 2 in one car and a twin disc in the other

I had an Comp Clutch sprung 6 puck and a 2800 lb pressure plate in my Talon. Annoying as shit for DD, but it grabbed like a bitch when I launched.

wite2nr

right now i have an OEM exedy... very happy with it. judging you will need a higher stage clutch, i drove an exedy stage 2 cluch in a b16 crx ... it was a bitch! however, it was a cable tranny, I have only driven hydro once on a stock LS at the dealership and i have to say, Im sure you will be fine probably up to stage 3. probably a stage 2/3 exedy or comparative act clutch should suit you fine.