clutch pedal pressure. help!

BlueMistDA

I just put in my an engine in my rsx. everything is hooked up and im waiting for my ecu from kpro. When i press on the clutch pedal and release it, it stays on the floor. Has no pressure and doesnt come back up. Did I do something wrong? or do i have to wait til i start my car before everything starts working? someone let me know, thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It should have pressure without the car running. Check the lines, master cylinder and slave cylinder for leaks

BlueMistDA

Master cylinder seems fine to me, and the lines have no leaks, the slave cylinder isnt so much leaking but very wet with brake fluid. Im asumming its the slave cylinder so im gonna get a new one and i guess ill see from there. Is there a certain way i need to install it or just bolting the 2 bolts that hold it to the tranny.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That's it. Plus the line going in to it. Slave cylinder install is a 5 minute job. Be sure to bleed the clutch system afterwords to get the air out of it.

BTW, check the master cylinder from inside the car. It will almost always leak inside, up by where the clutch pedal assembly pushes the rod and plunger into it.

hawaiiancb74

BIg Asian Fella
honestly just sounds liek your bleader was open .. or your slave was put on wrong, did you try bleading it out and putting all new fluid in ..

sciullo779

if all else fails just replace the slave, your seals prolly broke around the piston, this happened to me like 3 weeks ago in my gen 3 teg but its still the same concept or a hydraulic clutch lol i was trying to drive around with about an inch or two of disengagement from the pedal, lol i was at a stop light and the clutch slowly engaged from the fluid leaking lmao

aneways i got mine at autozone for $17 with a 1 year replacement warranty cant go wrong

mkornely89

It is, that has happened to me, I had to replace cuz the fluid was leaking through the rubber grommet on teh clutch master cylinder on the inside of my car, so there would be no pressure eventually when it all leaked out