clutch pedal return spring popped out

skydayang

ok bros, i was driving earlier and i heard a pop noise while in 3rd gear then my clutch pedal just hung dead, basically just sitting on the floor, thankfully i was close to my house and didnt have to make any stops. i basically just drove into my drive way and let the car stall out. pulled back my seat and there was my return spring, staring at me from the floor....now my car wont crank and im not sure if there are any other problems, but can you guys help me with re-installing the return spring? thanks for looking guys

The car wouldn't start because of the neutral safety switch.
I think you know you need a new pedal, lol. Once you replace it I think you'll be golden.

skydayang

The car wouldn't start because of the neutral safety switch.
I think you know you need a new pedal, lol. Once you replace it I think you'll be golden.
yea man >< i was getting frustrated then it turns out i was just getting too far ahead of myself, shoulda checked with the basic stuff first and i'm probably more than likely going to get a new "used" one from the junk this weekend

skydayang

Well ease up on the car a little Hercules. It's an older vehicle. :lol:
yea man i hear that, slowly trying to get this thing restored too >< a lot of the stuff on the inside is starting to give out do to its age and abuse, but it drives like a champ!

skydayang

ok guys, got this thing to a muffler/welding shop and imo the
guy did a really good job on it, he said that there wasn't enough
weld on both sides or something to that extent

also changed my transmission fluid, just thought wth y not?