Clutch Problem? Help!

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
Hey guys, I've recently run into a problem with my Integra regarding the clutch I believe. The specs of the vehicle are:

Year: 2001
Model: GS
Transmission: Manual
Km: 145,000km

As of recently, my clutch has been gradually getting softer and engaging super early. Yesterday as I was driving I found that I couldn't even get my car into gear anymore. So I started to pump the clutch a few times and force it into gear and it would eventually go in after many, many tries.

The car seems to drive fine once its going but the clutch is still soft and VERY slow to come back up. So while my car is still running and going into gear, I assumed that I might be low on transmission fluid. So i go to the local acura dealer and told them my problem and they tell me it might be my clutch, master or slave cylinder and NOT anything to do my transmission fluid. They told me this without looking at my car and quoted me over a grand to fix.

So what do you guys think my problem is? Before I go and dump a grand on this to get fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
I just spoke to a friend who is a mechanic and said, "99% chance that its the slave cylinder. common honda problem." Is this difficult to replace?

gotJUICE978

#TEAMSLAM #STREETLUNATICZ
probably need to bleed the clutch or no clutch fluid/ trans fluid maybe your pressure plates succs...

jbrown97ls

My old 97sonoma had the same problem, eventually it got to where even when i put the clutch to the floor I crept forward. I would guess its your slave cylinder.

It was an all day job on the truck with me and my dad. Its do-able, it just takes a while.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I just spoke to a friend who is a mechanic and said, "99% chance that its the slave cylinder. common honda problem." Is this difficult to replace?
Sounds like it to me as well. I had someone do mine, but he seemed to do it pretty quickly. I'm no mechanic by any means

mjones73

If your fluid level is good and the system is bled, yeah, start with the slave cylinder. It's right on the front of the trans and easy to get to.