clutch problem

jmacura

b-series powa
I swapped a b18b1 into my da9 and so far the motor is great and I have no codes showing but The clutch was replaced from a factory jdm b16 and it no slips. I have adjusted the clutch almost to its tighest setting. Has any one encountered this problem? I think maybe some oil got on the clutch and it is acting up. Does anyone think that maybe that is what is causing the slippage? Has anyone ever used a b16 clutch it did line up when it was installed. Please help if anyone has encountered this situation.

tonys2teg

super brother
from my understanding all b series clutches do not line up. you my want to check around a lil i am not really sure.yo can also adjust your clutch from the inside of you car at the top of the clutch pedal and also under the hood on the trans.

Shea

well now...
a b16 clutch will not fit a b18 and if any oil got on the cluch and you started the car then that clutch disc is history

jgvargas

need help on clucth

I want to replace my clucth on my 95 integra what brand do you recomend I put in instead of a stock one.

Shea

well now...
jgvargas said:
I want to replace my clucth on my 95 integra what brand do you recomend I put in instead of a stock one.
depends on your mods, light modding will only require stage one (possibly 2) some good companies are exedy, clutch masters, ACT...do some research to see what company suits your needs best

jmacura

b-series powa
Behold! You can use a b16 clutch with an ls tranny. I also used the pressure plate and throwout bearing. This b16 was in a jdm integra. I just seriously needed a lesson on how to adjust a clutch! (puts on the flame suit!!) Everything works fine now hope to have pics soon

Shea

well now...
^^^ good to hear it all worked out for you

YezEr

Retired VeeDubber
Shea said:
depends on your mods, light modding will only require stage one (possibly 2) some good companies are exedy, clutch masters, ACT...do some research to see what company suits your needs best
I use exedy on my teg and it grabs just fine...Never heard of anyone using clutch masters in there teg and as we all know ACT stands for Axle Cracking Technology..So hope that helps..

96 LS

YezEr said:
I use exedy on my teg and it grabs just fine...Never heard of anyone using clutch masters in there teg and as we all know ACT stands for Axle Cracking Technology..So hope that helps..
so exedy is the way to go? damn..

SFLS

?? I have a 92. it was hard to shift into gear. made a small adjustment on the cable and it went into gear fine for about 20 min. now it wont go into gear at all!! if i turn off the car and put it in first and try to start it, it starts to pull right away!!do you think the cable is freying or the cluth took a shit!

master_tech

a friend of mine was intermittently having troube shifting into gears. i checked the cable freeplay adjustment, shift linkage, etc... all was ok. a few days later she calls and mentioned that it was very hard to shift into any gear now. the only way she could get it into gear was to turn the car off, shift it into gear and turn the car back on. i removed the trans and this is what i found..

you may have the same problem or perhaps the pressure plate maybe defective. good luck!