clutch problems

DB8_228

I've been having clutch problems...i have to over rev to get into gear...so i need some suggestions to what kinda clutch is good. I was looking a Exedy single plate organic clutch kit...i was thinking bout that. So any other opinions on clutches?

civicsi94

depends what u want and how u drive. U can get a performance clutch but if u drive in traffic where u have to shift alot ur leg may get tired of pumping that heavy clutch. if not then u will be fine. i honestly have alot of traffic so i just get a factory replacement at the dealership to be sure what i am getting cuz alot of shops are shady round here.Exedy single plate organic clutch kit thats a good kit but again its really up to what u can stand and driving environment.If u pick up a copy of Dsport magazine at ur local store they have a huge article and info on clutchs this month. its the Nov. issue with the orange super-charged 350Z. they have clutchs from clutch master to tilton engineering. they have about 13 clutchs in there for ya

Last edited:

Todd

token ex-mod
hmmmm, the problem you're describing could also indicate synchro problems.

i'm moving this to the engine tech forum, you should get more responses in there

DB8_228

Todd said:
hmmmm, the problem you're describing could also indicate synchro problems.

i'm moving this to the engine tech forum, you should get more responses in there

Its not a synchros...cause i was stuck at a U turn and only way i can move is high reving. And when i tried shifting into gear...felt the car is moving but yet i couldnt shift into gear.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
DB8_228 said:
I've been having clutch problems...i have to over rev to get into gear...so i need some suggestions to what kinda clutch is good. I was looking a Exedy single plate organic clutch kit...i was thinking bout that. So any other opinions on clutches?
i just ordered that clutch yesterday, should be here around monday-wednesday

ca86108

yupppp, dude i had that same problemmmm. it sucks ass. ur clutch is wearing out... i got a new clutch but its too sofftt, so i gotta rev when i go uphill

DB8_228

Eviloliv3 said:
i just ordered that clutch yesterday, should be here around monday-wednesday
well tell me how it goes...cause im not ordering mine yet. I can still driving on mine for a lil longer. Just cant decide on which one is better for me. My friend said Exedy is good and my nephew said Clutch Masters is the shiet! Blah blah...so i dont know. Get back to me on how urs goes.

Todd

token ex-mod
those are both good brands, neither one is necissarily better than the other.
personally, i'd go with whatever i could get a better deal on... you dont need a very heavy clutch unless you have allot of engine mods

Sti

Go with the excedy i got a single plate organic as u said & the shit is smooth no grindige. Pedal is a little stiff but what the fuck the perfomance talks for it self.

DB8_228

Sti said:
Go with the excedy i got a single plate organic as u said & the shit is smooth no grindige. Pedal is a little stiff but what the fuck the perfomance talks for it self.
Well i found a Exedy Clutch with Pro Street fly wheel for $399.99 or should i go with Exedy clutch with Fidanza fly wheel for $449.99? I never heard of either brand before? Can i get some input on those...

SlyDC2

Todd said:
fidanza fly wheel... how heavy is each flywheel?
i've got the fidanza fw and act hdss and <3 it.... fidanza for the tegs is 7.5 lbs i got my flywheel and hdss for... $600 total

i'd recommend the fidanza flywheel to anyone who can actually drive... almost everyone whos ever tried to drive my car has stalled and takes a couple tries for them to even get going because they dont understand that the revs drop quite rapidly and you have to give it more gas because of it... anyway hope that helps

Last edited:

DB8_228

SlyDC2 said:
i've got the fidanza fw and act hdss and <3 it.... fidanza for the tegs is 7.5 lbs i got my flywheel and hdss for... $600 total

i'd recommend the fidanza flywheel to anyone who can actually drive... almost everyone whos ever tried to drive my car has stalled and takes a couple tries for them to even get going because they dont understand that the revs drop quite rapidly and you have to give it more gas because of it... anyway hope that helps

Thanks for the input on that. I bought the Exedy stage one with the fidanza fly wheel. I'll see how that works for me. Appreciate all the input. I'll be back for further things i cant figure out.