clutch slipping problem

fchantham

Hey guys i'm having a problem with my clutch i try to read and search around but i couldn't find one that match my problem but it started when i got the car 2 weeks ago it was driving fine when we left and the couple of days i was driving for a while the clutch started slipping so changed the clutch. after that i was driving good for 3-4 days and i notice a lil slip on 5 gear but then the next day was fine. then i was driving yesterday and it started slipping real bad i could barley move out of the stop light. i mad it home and let it rest for 3 hrs and drove it again fine. i'm confused it seems like it alway good in at the beginning then when it gets warmed up it slips. Could it be the tranny fluid? the people who changed it use some autozone or something. it seems when i brought it alot of things where wrong with it. also when i break it goes all the way down to the floor so i have to change the brake cylinder also and one of my cv axles are bad evertime i turn it goes clak clak clak clak clak lol
any ideas? i might go to the shop again tomorrow

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Thats weird. It's either not lined up right or the springs on the clutch aren't good. Could be a burned up clutch but unlikely sense you just got it. Let us know if you find anything!
- Aaron

Prozon

Kris
So engine speed increases with no-or minimal increase in car speed?
If it was an automatic I would definately say it's your fluid level.. but seeing as how it's an automatic i'm not really sure.

Are you sure your clutch was actually changed and you weren't just CHARGED for a change?
Was the flywheel resurfaced when the new clutch got put in?

mjones73

Check to make sure the master/slave cylinder set up is moving the shift fork back and forth like it should, only thing I can guess is it's not fully re-engaging the clutch when you let off the pedal for some reason...

fchantham

Well i called the shop and told him what happen he said its the flywheel that it has a crack that we can't see and its absorbing something i don't know it was a quick talk i was at work in lunch. Is that possible its the flywheel? so when its hot it slips? he just told me to get a new flywheel...
Prozon: yeah it moved a little bit but i had to push it in higher rpms but i stop and pulled over and let it cool for 30 min then i drove home and let it rest.
i was wondering if it doesn't engage wouldn't it happen all the time or only when its hot? i guess i have to save up for a flywheel but i don't know i drove to work and back fine no slip while driving normal like last time. my car is bi polar or something haha...
i would check the mc i have no idea how i might have to wait for my dad this weekend to check it since he is mechanic but for the 18 wheels and the big construction cars hopfully he knows

fchantham

OH i forgot prozon yeah it was a new clutch i brought it and watch them installed it and no the flywheel wasn't resurfaced ... oh s*** i should of done that huh? but they said it was good so i don't know

mjones73

So you paid a shop to change your clutch and they missed the flywheel supposedly being cracked?

Prozon

Kris
How did the shop know there was a crack in it, especially one he couldn't see?
And if he knew about this invisible crack why didn't he do anything about it when he was changing your clutch?

Edit:
Mjones beat me to it.

It's a little fishy especially because they said it was good, but now they're saying it had a crack. HMMMM.

fchantham

i think he was just saying it might be cracked since i explained that it was slipping when driving around alot hmm so should i change the flywheel and the clutch? the clutch kit has a warrenty so i can get another one what do ya think?

fchantham

now ya are making me think hmm.... it is kind of fishy lol but iunno i'm just going to let my dad do it from now on but i have to wait for weekends that the only bad i need to go to work x.x

fchantham

i don't know if this matters? my 2ed gear is grinding and radiator is leaking... oil is leaking just a lil bit..this car is a fixer upper i have a long way till i make run right...oh and the brake isn't working right it touches the floor sometime it doesn't stop unless i pump it... abs light is on... motor mounts are out...car smell bad when driving.. my dad said its my sparkplugs burning the oil o_O...

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Even if the flywheel was cracked, I dont see how that would only cause it to slip when hot... Something isn't adding up

fchantham

What do ya think i should do? should i go visit the shop and see what they say or call them again? i'm confused i need to get this car working. I also don't know if this helps when i first got the car it was running fine then the next day when it was hot it was slipping so we got the clutch changed it seems its the same thing over again. could it be the transmission?

fchantham

i was talking to my dad she said it was messed up they didn't resurface the flywheel since they fixed the clutch you think they would redo it for me since my problem wasnt fixed?

Prozon

Kris
You should talk to them about fixing it because they didn't resurface the flywheel.
Most warranties on clutches are void if you don't resurface the flywheel.