Cman's 1997 GSR Thread~Updated Often!

joshjohnson_79

Choicer
hey question about the antenna.. i bought a replacement antenna for mine but not sure of how to install it to my stereo.. any advice or resources you know of i could find?

Cman46290

hey question about the antenna.. i bought a replacement antenna for mine but not sure of how to install it to my stereo.. any advice or resources you know of i could find?
The Shark II antenna i bought... was basically plug n play... the atnenna wire from the car just plugged right into it.... then all i had to do was cut the power wire to the stock OEM antenna and wire it to the powert wire to the new Shark II antenna... pretty easy overall...

Cman46290

**UPDATES AGAIN**

SO yesterday while i was off... since i cant ever go a day with just relaxing... ii decided to do a couple things... I cleaned my IACV... just as preventative maintenance... and sometimes my idle would drop pretty low when my car was well warmed up.... second... i was going to attempt to take off my spoiler to see if i liked it off... sure enought the first nut i went to take off snapped... old and brittle like a slitine cracker lol... and then another snapped on the other side.... fail... so i had no choisce at that point other than to delete the spoiler. I had to also run to Lowes to find plugs for the holes... they didnt have my sizes in white... so i had to get black temporarily... not sure if i like the wingless look yet... i think ill like it more if its lower.

before IACV cleaned...

After:

Wing removed:

And here are a few after plugging the holes.... WHere the spoiler sat was in BAAAD shape... it took lots of cleaning... buffing.... and waxing to make it look even nearly decent... pics are "meh"... ill be honest.. it looked WAY worse before i cleaned and buffed it.

-Corey

p.s...^^ the trunk lid looks much better now than in the pics too... i buffed and waxed even more after this... and got most of the excess rubber cememt glue off that i used to seal the 2 holes going into the trunk itself.

dc4_illinois

Local Troll
nice progression, man! we'll have to collab sometime, i'm right down here in columbia, holdin down monroe county lol. the rest of our honda crew left or bought domestics!

hit me up sometime maybe we can go cruise or somethin.

Cman46290

**UPDATE**

Alright, So i have done a few things recently to the Teg.... i decided to order upper control arms/upper ball joints.... which im still waiting on them to come in...

But i also ordered a new OEM distributor cap and rotor..... replaced those.... and changed out my coolant.... for some pre-winter maintenance.

The idle has smoothed out significantly since changing the coolant and burping the cooling system to get all the air out... and car is running smooth as butter. Cant wait for the upper control arms to arrive... i will post pics soon enough.

Here is the new cap and rotor...

-Corey