code 43,17 and vibration

jmelton327

Ok so I just got a 1990 integra and the check engine light has come on, only comes on after driving a few miles down the road, to start off the cars fuel gauge does not work, so when I got the car the first thing I did was fill it up, after doing so I smelt gas on the way home, parked in the driveway and smelled around the gas cap but I got nothing, smelled around the passenger side rear tire and I can smell it there but no leaking or drips under the car, also in the car towards the back seats it smells like fuel so did some research and people stated the seal/gasket on the fuel pump is bad? I'm not sure and you can smell it running rich when the light comes on as well......so just looking for a few answers as I will be jacking the car up and looking under it heavily to see around since I just got it. I know code 17 is the speedo were exactly do I look for this? And is it a cable or is it all electrical? Also I have alittle bit of shaking in the car it's there not as bad when on the highway but I got caught in traffic tonight and going around 10mph I can feel I guess best way to explain, a bent rim???? You go and then it feels like it goes down and up idk very weird and honestly it could be a bent rim, the car is lowered and cambered out alittle on front and back so any ideas to look for when jacking up the car tomorrow and if there are any "known" issues with the da integra that I should check for when looking around let me know and I'll check as well

g6qwerty

The speed sensor is in the instramnet cluster its driving from a cable from the transmission. It also acts as your MPH gauge.