coilover sleeves

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Ok so I haven't heard good things about just getting springs and everyone said get coilovers which what I kept thinking was like the 1000 dollar bad ass systems that I'd like to get just dont have the cash but if i just get these (http://www.andysautosport.com/acura/1994_2001_integra/suspension/coilovers/coilover_sleeves/ground_control/) and no shocks will I be fine or is it the same deal. What exactly is the difference between coilover sleeves and full coilovers. I'm assuming, (knowing my luck) I can't just get these and be fine. All help from CI is always appreciated. =]

mirrorimg

If you stay at the stock height with those sleeves, then sure you will be fine. The reason why upgraded struts are needed is because aftermarket ones are made to operate at a lowered height.

When you lower a car on stock struts, by more than an inch, you bring the struts outside of their appropriate operating range, and they cannot sustain the impact and soon fail.

If you only lower it slightly, then sure you will be okay. If you actually want to lower the car, save up and get some struts to go with the sleeves.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
FML!!! Shit needs to be cheaper, or my boss needs to fork over some more cash!!! I gots shit to buy!...yeah my idea wasn't gonna work then, I was thinking about getting these and going about 2"...its says once you get to 2.25" you need to replace the stock shocks but i figure fellow teg owners will and would know best.

mirrorimg

You can ride around on them, but the ride quality will probably be very poor, and you will probably have to replace the struts fairly soon, which means you need to take all of the suspension off a second time.

Much better just to do it once when it's all ready.

j13

Keep It Clean
Hey,

mirrorimg, you know a lot and you explain stuff really well. I've noticed..when you post something to help someone, I learn something 100% of the time. You're the most helpful member.