Coilovers and camber kits

miloiii123

Alright, so I understand that if you go below about 1.5" to 2" that it will throw you out of oem spec and you need camber kits. But what I am trying to figure out is if I got some full body coilovers (F&F Type 1) that use the body to lower the car instead of the spring, do I still need camber kits?

I've been trying to figure it out but dont understand if lowering the shock forks will give me neg camber.

Thanks in advance

5150KDC2

Yes, cause you are still altering the suspention. So you need to replace the rear cambers, since they are not adjustable, and most likely replace the fronts, because they wont adjust far enough. It all depends on how low you want to go with the car. Coilovers are the same principle as using a lowering spring. Hope it helps.

mjones73

1) Coilvers lower the suspension by changing the position of the lower half of the spring on the strut assembly, there's no such thing as lowering the body.

2) There is zero camber adjustment on the front or back of the car with the stock suspension. Your toe is going to be what is impacted the most in the front, changing the height changes the geometry of the steering linkage. You could always add the kits after you drop it and have a shop set the toe and have them verify if the camber is too far off. You'd end up paying for two alignments though.

miloiii123

1) Coilvers lower the suspension by changing the position of the lower half of the spring on the strut assembly, there's no such thing as lowering the body.

2) There is zero camber adjustment on the front or back of the car with the stock suspension. Your toe is going to be what is impacted the most in the front, changing the height changes the geometry of the steering linkage. You could always add the kits after you drop it and have a shop set the toe and have them verify if the camber is too far off. You'd end up paying for two alignments though.
I know you can't lower the body lol, I meant the body of the strut, like the function n forms.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll probably end up getting front and rear camber kits and just install when I get my coilovers. I'd rather over haul all the suspension at one time (including pressing out old bushings)