coilovers HIGHEST SETTING.. STILL RUBBING!

Catman

So I have come to the conclusion that my rims and tires are just too big for my car being lowered. The car was on lowering springs originally and it rubbed so we replaced the shocks/springs with new Skunk 2 Pro S v2 coilovers. I test drove the car and the tires are still rubbing in the back. I don't want to camber my tires out and wear them un evenly. So I guess my only option now is to get smaller rims and tires. Does anyone else have coilovers with 17" rims on your integra? Cause it rubs on mine. This sucks cause I just bought a brand new tire the other day. I do believe I will be selling or trading my Enkei 17" 10 spoke racing rims. They would be great for someone who rides at the stock height. The Shocks I just took off are good too; they are Tokico hp series with Eibach springs. I'm going to let them go cheap.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
what size tires do you have? and you may need to camber them in, but your toe eats the tire more than camber

WAR 178

Premium User
how low are you going? I have skunk2 coilovers, and I also have 17x7 falken hanabi's with 215/45/17 falken 912 tires and I dont rub at all....I could go a lil lower as well. also whats in your trunk? check your bushings and lca's im guessing...?

Catman

How do you roll a fender? and yeah that's the same tire size I have 215/40/r17. It rubs like hell mainly in the back.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
jack it up on one side place a baseball bat inbetween the fender and tire and start rolling.

i used a rolling pin, a baseball bat and a fender roller.

use a heat gun so the paint wont crack or if you dont care just go for it, the back you need to take out the rubbber piece and the front you need to remove the fender liner.

[YOUTUBE="diy fender rolling"]eWMKM6wcvEo[/YOUTUBE]

Catman

so I'm thinking fender rolling along with alignment may do the trick? It looks like my car has a bit of positive camber to it right now so I can see why this would make the tires rub the way they do cause they rub on the outside of the fender. It would be nice to be able to keep my rims cause I kind of like them, they're good rims.

mohawk42s

when rolling your fenders take a heat gun and heat the edge where the metal will bend
if you dont your paint will stretch and crack :)

^my 2 cents

Edit: the ninja beat me to it :(

Catman

oh and a spray can of paint incase you do crack your paint
Dude I'm not even worried bout the paint cause I'm getting it painted after all of this anyway. It's just a crappy flat black right now so I can't go wrong I guess.

Thanks guys.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
do the driving technique in the video for teh rears, i forgot the rear is a bitch and i actually had to use a fender roller for it

jayb20eg

fuck it. just cut that lip off. youll get more room. thats what i did with my rears.
same..what i usually do is just use a cut off wheel. depends on how clean your car is also. if you try to roll your rear quarters and you have rust..your shits gona get messed up. if your quarters are rusty just use a cut off wheel and cut out the wheel lip.