coilovers on stock struts?

99integie

i am a poor ass right now and can only afford coilovers for now.. im only looking into a 1 inch drop, maybe 1 and a half... do you guys think my stock struts would blow? ill get some struts as soon as i find a new job..

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
You can get coilover sleeves right now and use the stock shocks for the time being. Just note that they won't last too long.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
How many miles are on the current struts? Your stockers definitely won't last long on lowering springs/coilover sleeves.

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Ive read plenty of posts on people lowering 1in to 1 1/2 in and usually go with springs when they do it and barely have problems. IMO that size of a drop isnt too bad on stock shocks. Of course they will EVENTUALLY blow but not for a while.And also ride isnt too bad.

99integie

theres about 117314. i think ill probably do this my self since i got spring compressors and all the tools from my last car i dropped... do you guys think there would be any seized bolts under there? i hate seized bolts.. was a pain in the ass gettin the seized suspension bolt off my last car..

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
Your LCA's will probably have seized bolts..There a pain to take out. Other then that you should be good.

onexsilence

silence is everything..
Like everyone said, the stock shocks will eventually blow. If you can't afford to drop your car properly, then you should wait till you have enough to get it done right. You can always buy the sleeves first and wait till you have enough to pick up a decent/matching set of shocks.

Last edited: