Coilovers? Shocks? Which one. New to the Integra Game

whatevrthefrag

Currently looking to purchase some coilovers or shocks for my 97 ls.
im riding on some cheap bounce adjustable springs and wish to upgrade, considering anything is an upgrade.
i would just like to know from the ones who know the most whic should i get, and what brand.
ive also been looking on craigslist and seen some sets for like 60 or 70 bucks and seem to good to be true.
i do not know to much about the ride height and everything :oops: so just would like to get a heads up.
not looking to professionally race or anything just a good ride height with no jumper bounce to it.
If a suggestion , post and let me know and maybe post a link

thanks

Do0ki3 PWNS

OFF THE WALL!!
just try lowering springs.
look into tein, eibach, neuspeed, etc...
alot of cheap coilover kits are bumpy but have adjustable height and are cheap :D

sparkys13

I like the tuna here
Im in the same possition and dont know weather to buy coilover or just get lowering springs.

Dont want a bumpy ride.

Ilovemy95teggy

go coilovers. if you cant afford them, save up. thats what im doing. im saving up for some decent coilovers.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
Coilovers and lowering springs different from brand to brand, but generally speaking:

Full Coilover sets/systems are basically springs and a shock in 1. They are usually more expensive, but the ride quality is much better than OEM/Lowering Springs(?). Ride quality also differs from brand to brand.

Lowering Springs are just springs that have a pre-set lowering height. They are not adjustable and are just the springs itself that will sit on either your OEM shocks (not recommended for a long period of time) or your aftermarket shocks.

Coilover springs are usually uncommon OTHER than the Ground Control set. Other than GC coilover springs, i would avoid these.

hopefully, i got something in those lines correct..right?

whatevrthefrag

Coilovers and lowering springs different from brand to brand, but generally speaking:

Full Coilover sets/systems are basically springs and a shock in 1. They are usually more expensive, but the ride quality is much better than OEM/Lowering Springs(?). Ride quality also differs from brand to brand.

Lowering Springs are just springs that have a pre-set lowering height. They are not adjustable and are just the springs itself that will sit on either your OEM shocks (not recommended for a long period of time) or your aftermarket shocks.

Coilover springs are usually uncommon OTHER than the Ground Control set. Other than GC coilover springs, i would avoid these.

hopefully, i got something in those lines correct..right?
well mines are adjustable and some jap told me they are just springs but u said springs are not adjustable but i can adjust mines to be scrapping or high as fuck so :shock: im not sure

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
well mines are adjustable and some jap told me they are just springs but u said springs are not adjustable but i can adjust mines to be scrapping or high as fuck so :shock: im not sure
i believe you have coilover springs. those versions are basically adjustable height springs WITHOUT any shocks built into it. So you're either using other aftermarket shocks or OEM (which isn't recommended).

whatevrthefrag

i believe you have coilover springs. those versions are basically adjustable height springs WITHOUT any shocks built into it. So you're either using other aftermarket shocks or OEM (which isn't recommended).
yep they were sold to me with them on already, do not know the brand but they are Blue.. if you are expierienced with this situation, tell me which ones they are plz

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
yep they were sold to me with them on already, do not know the brand but they are Blue.. if you are expierienced with this situation, tell me which ones they are plz
Well, if they do not have a name brand printed on the springs itself, it usually means it's a generic/no name brand coilover which is not recommended for your car. to specifically tell this, your ride may be bouncy as hell.

01FTW

Get some KYB GR-2 struts and a nice set of springs (Tanabe, Tein, Progress) and youll be good.

Ive had the GR-2s on my lowered ride for 2 years now and theyve held up quite nice.

whatevrthefrag

Well, if they do not have a name brand printed on the springs itself, it usually means it's a generic/no name brand coilover which is not recommended for your car. to specifically tell this, your ride may be bouncy as hell.
True its a Really bouncy ride and i want something more sturdy especially when i hit the 90 mark on a street any little bump feels like torture.
is it easy to install after you take off tire?

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
True its a Really bouncy ride and i want something more sturdy especially when i hit the 90 mark on a street any little bump feels like torture.
is it easy to install after you take off tire?
Yeah, same as myself. no name brand coilover sleeves. you may want to upgrade or swap it back to OEM for some time until you can get some cash and purchase a better set of shocks + springs/coilover sleeves/etc.

i just personally purchased F&F Type 1 coilovers from HiPowerMotosports. PM them and they'll give it to you for $585. great price.

and as for swapping them out, once again, i'm also still pretty noob to the JDM world. i have no tools, no experience, etc. but i would get it professionally done.