Coilovers vs. OEM ride quality

DustinXIX

what is the difference in ride quality in a DA between coilovers and factory struts? im getting my income tax money back soon and want to know if putting coilovers in will severely diminish ride quality. as of right now its not the most comfortable so if ride quality is similar with coilovers then ill just go with those.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
the ride is typically not as smooth. people do it for dropped look, not the comfort. The coilovers use a stiffer suspension rate so that they dont bottom out as easy.

DustinXIX

ohhh yeah im not looking for something "more" comfortable. i was just saying that if it has "decent" or a tolerable amount of comfort ill buy them.i understand what most people get them for and that they ride rough, was just wondering how rough they are :p

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
ground control stock spring rates are good, skunk2 sport shocks and springs were more stiff, tein are soft.

Rich-PMS

I have ground control sleeves on tokico blue struts. I daily my car and think the ride is quite comfortable.

Idk where in NY you are, but if you wanna take a trip to toms river NJ, I'll take ya for a ride in my DA so you can see the comfort of my setup

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
94mark3 wants to rape ya in his teg.

JK, but forreal coilovers are gonna be less "comfy".

DustinXIX

really appreciate all the feedback, but im asking because my struts are kinda shot and dont really do their job too well and ive never rode in a DA with a factory set up.thats why i was asking for the comparison :p thanks for the offer 94mark3, but i cant justify making a couple hundred mile trip just to ride in a car :p ill just take oyur word for it thanks :thumbs up

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
get the STANDARD spring rates 320f 250r on the ground controls. those are comfy, actually i have an entire set if you want them

DustinXIX

get the STANDARD spring rates 320f 250r on the ground controls. those are comfy, actually i have an entire set if you want them
thanks man! pm me with more details, please... .only problem is your on the other end of the US so shipping would be killer lol im still gonna shop around but ill def consider your offer.