cold air intake+header+exhaust

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Save up and buy quality parts. If you need them that badly, find some stock parts off Craigslist or the junkyard.

MACDOG

Baller, yo
Go with known brands.. they have been tested by the automotive community, and proven to work. You won't be disapointed.

"Hey bro, what exhaust system is that?"
"Ughh, I dunno I bought it off ebay."

Vs.

"Hey, bro, what exhaust system is that?"
"Running Hytech header, 4-2-1 with a 5Zigen fireball 2.75" from the catback, oh and a hi-flow cell cat"

You'll be a poon slayer if you go the real deal.

Nick_C78

First off, what are your reasons for buying these parts? Are you doing it because you don't have them currently and just want to get your car running? Or are you wanting them for performance?

DB8teggy

eBay sellers always make sure their pictures look good.. So appealing to the eye if your into cars lol.. But we all know they are cheap for a reason...

redGSRguy

Try to find a stock setup if you are short on cash. Save up then get a better setup down the line.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Just buy the yonaka exhaust, sounds great. 250 bucks. pick up a used header off craigslist. and just find some tubing and a filter to make an intake. Ebay is fine for that but you can easily find cheap intakes for 40 bucks on craigslist.

MyDC2isSlow

THPTHPTHPTHP ..Helicopter
Go with known brands.. they have been tested by the automotive community, and proven to work. You won't be disapointed.

"Hey bro, what exhaust system is that?"
"Ughh, I dunno I bought it off ebay."

Vs.

"Hey, bro, what exhaust system is that?"
"Running Hytech header, 4-2-1 with a 5Zigen fireball 2.75" from the catback, oh and a hi-flow cell cat"

You'll be a poon slayer if you go the real deal.
hahaha fucking love this.

and true dat mane. Quality > cheap chinabay all day

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I'm new to the Integra world; I just picked one up three days ago, but I do have a recomendation.
What seems to work well at least for me is, if I were you, for the cat-back exhaust at least, I'd find the catalytic converter, resonator (if you want one), and muffler online on websites like www.summitracing.com or www.andysautosport.com., then go to an exhaust shop and get one custom built. For example, and this is not precise pricing by-no-means, but just what I remember from my research:

Random Technology catalytic converter - $99.00, Dezod Motorsports
Cherry Bomb glasspack (for resonator) - $30.00, 8" length, 3" diameter case, Summit Racing
Hooker Maximum Flow muffler - $69.00, Summit Racing
Exhaust piping - $100.00 (rough guess)

That way, you have a custom system that not everyone else owns, it's guaranteed to fit, it won't cost you too much (this configuration would be a hair over $300 if my in-head math is correct), and you'd be able to fine tune your sound. Check YouTube for sound clips, but remember; it'll always sound a little different than what they show, but it does give you a general idea.

As far as cold air intakes/short ram intakes, whatever, I'd personally just replace the OE filter with a K&N and call it a day. With a short ram, you'd risk extra heatsoak, and with a cold air intake, depending on the filter location, you'd risk hydrolock.

Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Do NOT shop at andysautosport, they have an F- from the BBB and upset customers by the dozens to prove it

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I was merely using that as an example. Notice the example I actually posted didn't have any parts from Andy's Auto Sports. :p

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Don't get upset, I was just pointing that out in case the individual you were suggesting this to was unaware of their poor status. Plus if its a bad idea it's generally smart to not include the option in the first place :twocents: