Colder NGK plugs, cap and rotor set

Puritania

GIR... reporting for duty
Hey all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this so I will post this and if it needs to be moved or if there is the proper reference to be forwarded to, please do so.

I have a 1990 Integra GS and I'm looking to do some basic maintenance on it. In terms of spark plugs, would it be advisable to bump down to a colder plug? The stock plug for NGK is BCPR5EIX-11, so would it be good to go to a BCPR6EIX-11? The engine is a B18A1 and is running on regular 87 Sunoco pump gas, no modifications have been done to it. Plugs will be bought from clubplug.net of course, 5% off is always a good thing :D

Also, where can I buy Champion cap and rotor kits online? Are there any better quality kits that I should use instead of Champion? I'm up in Canada so if any fellow canucks know any online shops to get one I'd be really appreciative of being directing to a website.

Many thanks for the help in advance!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would just use stock plugs they work the best.
if you can get a cap and rotor from auto zone it will work fine

ClubPlug

Hey all,

I did a search and couldn't find anything related to this so I will post this and if it needs to be moved or if there is the proper reference to be forwarded to, please do so.

I have a 1990 Integra GS and I'm looking to do some basic maintenance on it. In terms of spark plugs, would it be advisable to bump down to a colder plug? The stock plug for NGK is BCPR5EIX-11, so would it be good to go to a BCPR6EIX-11? The engine is a B18A1 and is running on regular 87 Sunoco pump gas, no modifications have been done to it. Plugs will be bought from clubplug.net of course, 5% off is always a good thing :D

Also, where can I buy Champion cap and rotor kits online? Are there any better quality kits that I should use instead of Champion? I'm up in Canada so if any fellow canucks know any online shops to get one I'd be really appreciative of being directing to a website.

Many thanks for the help in advance!
Hi Puritania

To be honest, I would suggest you stick with the "Stock" plugs, the colder plugs would only make sense if the engine was modified and being used in some sort of racing environment.