Comfort Suspension need help

Leolo007

Its been said but Im saying it again, all you need to do is change your shocks, Keep stock springs.

If your not interested in performance and want cheap, go to pepboys and get a set of shocks.

01TegLuv

i have new stock springs from Honda and getting KYB GR-2 shocks shipped to my house, hopefully its a durable setup and good ride quality

01TegLuv

Ok so I now have received the rear KYB shocks shipped to my house, I open the package and they're black and called EXCEL-G, instead of silver GR-2. Anybody know if they're the same thing? Hopefully they didnt send me the wrong shocks.

With new Honda springs and KYB shocks, hopefully it'll be smooth yet take a pothole beating

01TegLuv

Do I have to get all new control arm bushings, strut mount bushings, and strut boots with bump stops, and strut mounts from kyb or can I use the ones from the original shocks?

wbinkii

Will
Please update when work is done

I have very similar requirements as the ones you have listed previously, so I am very interested in how your suspension change works out. Do you know the spring rate on your new Honda Springs?

Thanks,

01TegLuv

Ok, i just got my new KYB shocks installed. I now have new tires, shocks and springs. and really... still feels pretty much the same, i thought the shocks were beat. but when taken off and inspected they seem good after testing them. They really are OEM replacement. they take bumps good enough but dont make the car feel superstable through bumpy roads either, they do absorb the impact. maybe i might need strut and sway bars or new bushings, if they even make a difference. in the future ill try out tein or skunk2 coilovers and see if they feel good on bumpy roads. Overall I feel no difference after the KYB install. I wonder if the bushings make a world of difference as far as ride feel and bump absorption. well thats my 2 cents. next experimenting with proper exhaust for nonvtec

01TegLuv

and no sorry not sure what the spring rate for Honda springs are but im sure you could find out. the springs make a difference in feel though and raising the car up helped with exhaust/header clearance and a bit smoother ride, as well as shocks.

01TegLuv

update, now after breaking them in they do feel better, they take every pothole well and seems to be stable on the road. i would recommend KYB to anyone who wants oem replacement and a soft ride or good bump absorption.