Compression for turbo

Rayda9

I was wondering whether to lower the compression to run my turbo or go with a stock compression? B18B1 in my car (94 spec) with 9.2:1 comp ratio. I can find pistons with an 8.3:1 compression ratio. Im starting off on 14 psi for boost when I start but want to boost more once I can afford another turbo. So should I lower the compression to the 8.3:1 or keep it stock and still run the 14psi?

No flamers please, only help

Muckman

Not a M0derator
What fuel?

I would never go lower than 9:1 for any application. I think 10:1 is perfectly safe for HIGH BOOST on 93 gasoline.
If you want to run ethanol or race gas, you can go alot higher. :)

Rayda9

What fuel?

I would never go lower than 9:1 for any application. I think 10:1 is perfectly safe for HIGH BOOST on 93 gasoline.
If you want to run ethanol or race gas, you can go alot higher. :)
Sweet! I was thinking that 8.3:1 was a little low. I want to do my research before I bought the pistons cuz I wanted to run high boost. Ofcourse, I am going with forged rods and completely build the engine along with sleeving the block.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Thats what I like to hear! What are your power goals? What are you tuning with? What turbo are you running now?

Rayda9

My main goal is 750-820whp and I was thinking either an AEM ems or Hondata S300 tune through either Darton who does dynotuning as well as manufactures sleeves or maybe i'll go to inline pro. To start, i'm going with a Greddy 05H-18G which puts out a max of 14 psi, but I plan on getting a bigger turbo later. I'm starting to collect the pieces as I go.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yeah a MUCH bigger turbo later. Is this going to be a race only car? What fuel are you building this 800hp monster for?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Muckman is also a beginner class mind reader, self proclaimed. But he does have good info most of the time.

Rayda9

Ok, my build for some parts of the list will include:
Wiseco pistons 9.0:1 (or 9.1:1 comp) which come with the piston rings and wrist pins
Eagle ESP H-Beam Forged Rods for B18A1/B1
Darton M.I.D. Wet sleeves
Micropolished and balanced stock crank
BC Stage 2 Cams (boost spec obviously)
750-1100 CC injectors (Still researching)
Blox Intake manifold and throttlebody (68mm)
AEM COP kit
ACL Bearings
ARP Bolts/Studs all around
OEM Thermostat
Mishimoto Fan Switch
Mishimoto Z-Line Intercooler
Greddy 05H-18G turbo
Hondata S300

Lemme know what you think! I'm open to suggestions and gonna stick to 93 octane most likely since I gotta be able to drive the car to and from the tracks and the nearest place to get race fuel is about 15 miles away or more.