compression test help

Ok so I got bored and decided to do a compression test on my b20 which is in my 96 teg and ran great before this. Came up with 160ish on all 4. So I put the plug wires back on and start my car. It runs like absolute shit. It sounds like the timing is way off. I triple checked everything and everything is correct. I even pulled the ecu fuse hoping it would clear up. No luck.
Any ideas?

how did you do the compression test... give me step by step
I think I fucked the #2 wire when removing it because theres a cool light show in the spark plug shute if you remove it with the engine running and it's not coming from the end of the plug connector.

1. popped hood.
2 closed drivers door, OK I'm kidding

I removed the spark plug wires all at once.
I removed one spark plug, compression tested then replaced. Then I moved on to the other three in this order.

I let the engine crank for 2.5-3 seconds while testing.
After that was all said and done, I put the plug wires back where they are suppose to go.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
make sure your connectors are actually out of the tube at the end of the wire that goes to the spark plug. They should click on.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
lol what do you need to do a compression test? like what kind of a meter?

nate29

Your spose to take all the spark plugs out then put them all back in when your done. Just to let u know for next time

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
^lol thanks how did i know i was gonna get a response like that... how often do you think you should run a compression test?