Compression Test

98IntegraNA

I picked up a compression test kit today to check my engine and make sure its in solid condition before i dump boost on it, but i realized i have no idea what normal operating numbers should be for an integra. Anyone happen to know?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
B18C1
Perfect: 270 psi
Min: 135 psi
Variance: 28 psi

B18B1
Perfect: 199 psi
Min: 135 psi
Variance: 28 psi

mirrorimg

The variance may say 28PSI, but you really dont want to exceed 10psi across all cylinders. If the difference is higher than 10 psi, you have some work to do before boost.

98IntegraNA

so I did the test and im not sure if I did it right but i hope not. results were 135, 130, 150, 150 if your looking down on the engine. based on the result reader on the back of the tester its saying that i may have a leak in my headgasket somewhere. for each test the 130 range was hit by the second stroke and continueing to the 4th and 5th it peaked and stoped at the posted result.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Make sure you do it properly as well. Get the engine up to operating temperature first and make sure to conduct the test at WOT.

98IntegraNA

hmm i did do those 2 things, i had all the plugs out and wires off ofcourse. I dont know if i gave it enough cycles i thought the thing said give it 5 compression cycles, now rereading it says at least 5 so maybe the other lower one needed a few more idk. will run it again. thanks for the advice though