Concepts and principles review

Ballerin1

I need some help on these answers and I haven't had much luck finding them. This is my last resort guys. I need help & plus its due tomorrow. I'm on my phone, so this took me forever. o_O

2.Once a decision has been made by the highest court in a state, all other courts in the state must follow that case under the law of ____.

3.The most fundamental law of a nation or a state is a(n) ____.

4.A law that has been passed by a legislature is referred to as a(n) ____.

5.Regulatory agencies have the power to create ____.

6.To become law, federal statutes are made by ____.

7.At the federal level, statutes are made by ____.

8.Law based on custom and shared throughout a state or a country is known as ____.

9.Rules and procedures established by the regulatory agencies are known as ____.

10.The attempt to develop a means for determining the values of society is known as ____.

11.An action or law conflicts with the most fundamental law of the nation and is, therefore, no longer valid, is said to be ____.

12.Courts that hear cases involving young people are known as ____.

13.Because the U.SM Courts of Appeals have the authority to hear cases from lower courts we say that they have ____.

14.Because their authority extends only to minor matters, local courts are called courts of ____.

15.The power and authority given to a court to hear a case and to make a judgment is called ____.

16.Trial courts that handle cases involving major crimes and large amounts of money are called courts of ____.

24.A person who is accused of a crime is referred to as a(n) ____.

27.Willful or malicious causing of damage to property is ____.

29.A wrongful act that injures another's reputation with false statements is known as ____.

31.The tort that results when one person deliberately frightens another person into the reasonable belief that he or she is about to be injured is known as ____.

Thanks a bunch guys on helping. Each answer helps! I've gotten about half of the answers these are the ones I couldn't get.

Ballerin1

Haha thanks for reading though! I've gotten more than half of it, just the first (about) 15 I couldn't find in my notes or in the book.

*DA3*

24. is accused or a defendant

that's the only one i know
:what: i couldn't help u on the rest of them

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Watch THESE videos, they talk alot about the court system and may help you out. Even if they don't, they are very interesting anyway, and stuff that everyone should know, but aern't being taught in school anymore.

#29. defamation

Ballerin1

Watch THESE videos, they talk alot about the court system and may help you out. Even if they don't, they are very interesting anyway, and stuff that everyone should know, but aern't being taught in school anymore.
I would but I don't have internet. Thanks though man.

mirrorimg

8.Law based on custom and shared throughout a state or a country is known as ____. Folkways or Mores?

24.A person who is accused of a crime is referred to as a(n) ____. Suspect, defendent.

27.Willful or malicious causing of damage to property is ____. Illegal

31.The tort that results when one person deliberately frightens another person into the reasonable belief that he or she is about to be injured is known as ____. Assault? (threatened violence)

Thanks a bunch guys on helping. Each answer helps! I've gotten about half of the answers these are the ones I couldn't get.
You really need to not wait until the last minute to do these things.