Condensation in my 1998 acura ls projectors!

98AILS

Water/ Condensation keeps getting in my projectors. I don't know if this is a common problem or not but I was wondering if anyone has any solutions for this.

94RS

No fucks given.
Pull off the lenses from the housings, clean out the condensation, and reseal the lights with silicone.

98AILS

Do you have a specific type of silicon you suggest?

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I have the same problem on my right headlight. I was told the same thing :lol:

Pull off the lenses from the housings, clean out the condensation, and reseal the lights with silicone.
Is pulling off the lens that easy? Don't you have to use a heat gun or an oven to loosen the goop that seals the lens to the headlight housing?

Do all integra bug eye headlights leak? What about buying a new one?

94RS

No fucks given.
I've never opened mine up and idk of any write ups on how to pop them open, but I know that Kurt (R13) black housed his OEM lights. So I'd ask him how to pop em open.

paoloDa92

What I did on my JMD one pieces for the DA9 Integras was put it in the oven when its about 350 degrees for about 2 minutes or even less (keep checking to make sure you dont warp your headlights). Use a flat head screw driver to pry the headlights lenses off the housing. If it doesnt work, leave it in the oven for a little longer.

Clean everything inside the lenses, then let it dry.

Use silicone to glue it back together. (atleast 24 hours away from water)

Hope this help

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I've never opened mine up and idk of any write ups on how to pop them open, but I know that Kurt (R13) black housed his OEM lights. So I'd ask him how to pop em open.
ok

What I did on my JMD one pieces for the DA9 Integras was put it in the oven when its about 350 degrees for about 2 minutes or even less (keep checking to make sure you dont warp your headlights). Use a flat head screw driver to pry the headlights lenses off the housing. If it doesnt work, leave it in the oven for a little longer.

Clean everything inside the lenses, then let it dry.

Use silicone to glue it back together. (atleast 24 hours away from water)

Hope this help
exactly.

you can also do 250* and leave it in a little longer, without damaging the headlights.

paoloDa92

ok

exactly.

you can also do 250* and leave it in a little longer, without damaging the headlights.
Yup. pretty straight forward. I was scared on doing my old headlights cause JDM one pieces go for 250-300 depends on the condition and mine was 10/10.

Be confident and pray you dont break your headights.