Confirmation for Possible Cam Seal Leak?

sumfilipinodude

I searched around CI and I think I have found the answer to my question, but I just would like confirm that my lleak is a cam seal leak.

I noticed some sort of liquid, (oil?), leaking. So I wiped the area with the oil clean drove around and checked a day later, and oil came back. Searched around and found out that it might be a cam seal leak.
I also found the DIY thread on TI and know that I should get a STR cam seal since they're better than OEM ones.

Here are pictures:

(pictures from Droid X :p)

I just would like to know if it really is a cam seal leak so I could fix it right away.

And what would be the consequence of driving around with it ?

-Thanks !

Gs-Rvtec

dude not a cam seal its teh distributor o ring. replace that o ring and it will stop its like 4 dollars at honda or just find one taht will work.

Gs-Rvtec

oh and i drove around on mine like that for a year you just have to keep oil in it. i didnt knwo what it was

mirrorimg

dude not a cam seal its teh distributor o ring. replace that o ring and it will stop its like 4 dollars at honda or just find one taht will work.
The distributor is on the OTHER side of the motor.

I would replace the cam seal, as well as the valve cover gasket.

Gs-Rvtec

no it not i promise i would replace that oring first its the cheapest thing and its right there behind the vtec silonoid so how is it on the other side?

jznsn2u

Just wondering, a friend said it could be head gasket as well?
Wassup pare! I agree with Jason. I would also take into consideration to what the other guy said. Check around the distributor area just to make sure its not leaking. Also, if your head gasket was blown, you would be leaking oil everywhere and it would look a lot more nasty :shock:.

sumfilipinodude

Wassup pare! I agree with Jason. I would also take into consideration to what the other guy said. Check around the distributor area just to make sure its not leaking. Also, if your head gasket was blown, you would be leaking oil everywhere and it would look a lot more nasty :shock:.

Ahh ok thanks thanks, oh yeah and my friend said head gasket cause I only texted him my problem, he didn't actually see it. So that makes sense.

-Thanks !