Considering getting a teg

mikehinkle

Have been looking at a few.. Found a 94 gsr with a built head. Has an issue of high idle (2k rpms) I know it could be the tps but what else? Also has a salvage title due to being stolen. The built head is titanium valves and springs, ARP cam gears, 2 step p28, ARP head bolts. Also has drop zone suspension, header and sk2 intake. Worth 3 grand?

Also found a 96 ls all stock, never modified, 156k miles, interiors gutted because it was originally going to be a dirt track car. Worth a grand?

Bone stock 94 gsr, 179k all good except the cruise doesn't work. He wants 4500 but that's nowhere near what I'm willing to pay for it. Estimated value? Kbb says 1900 lol but I know a bone stock gsr is nearly impossible to find.

I've been looking at integras the last few months and it seems like if I don't want a car that's been completely raped or slam full of eBay parts I should buy a stock Ls and boost it or do the Ls vtec swap.

Thanks for any input. Hopefully I posted this in the right section. If not, sorry!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

cvcrcr99

Without seeing pictures, and only going by this description, here is what I think.

1. Hell no that isnt worth 3k. High idle can be a lot of various s*** wrong, or just one thing. Tell him to fix it, then consider 3k only if it was a clean title. Dirty title? 2500 max. As is..meaning taking the project off his hands and YOU fixing it; 2k

EDIT - Never heard of ARP cam gears, and cam gears/springs/retainers are pointless if running on stock cams. Assuming this seller has stock cams installed. Drop zone suspension is crap IMO.

2. This is probably the best of the bunch since it is stock and a fresh platform to work with.

3. Seller is nuts. Walk away unless you HAVE to have a stock GSR for whatever reason. Buying the #2, putting in 2k (selling all unused parts) will get you a GSR engine in there easy.

Where are you located? I am planning on selling my teg in the next month or two if everything goes according to plan haha

Last edited:

mikehinkle

North Carolina. The only bad about the one that has been gutted inside is it has fresh paint BUT its neon fucking green. Other then that its from a guy I trust when he says its a strong motor with 159k. I assumed (the VTEC isn't too big a deal) I could upgrade the internals of the b18b and boost it for a dd around 9psi and push out more whp then a Ls v swap.

The stock gsr is just so hard to find. Clean title. Not raped. Just too expensive. Considering selling my 1.8t Vw and getting a teg. Open to all ideas.

Amiguel6

Put it this way; you get what you pay for. $4500 may seem a lot for you, but not others. It's not often that you find mint-unmolested GSR's. You can always buy an LS etc. Spending the extra dollar can be crucial, when purchasing a car. There's a reason why 1 seller is asking for 3K for a car with some "goodies" and another seller asking $4.5K for the same car without "goodies".

osiris19

Just remember people still buy 99-00 civic si em1's for close to $5-6k so $4500 isn't bad especially since that's a normal asking price around here. If its clean, and nothing's wrong with it I would talk him down to $4000 and take it. But that's just me because I've always wanted a gsr.

Sent from my Nexus 7

mikehinkle

I figure I can scoop a interior at pull a part for around 300$

mikehinkle

If the ac PS and heat don't work what all is needed? All wiring is there and the ac compressor. Just the hoses for the heat, lines for the ac, the in dash part for the ac/heat. Plug it up and go?

For the interior what all year tegs can I pull from.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I wouldn't buy it because the guy sounds like he's full of s***. There are no companies I know of that make titanium valves for that motor, and Eibach is the only one I knew that made titanium springs. If he does have them in there, know that they wear extremely fast. Also since last I checked those springs were $1500 a set, I highly doubt someone running Drop Zone springs coughed it up for their stock cams.

For $3000 you can buy a clean 5sp Integra, maybe not a GSR, but a good running LS would be a 100x better than what sounds like a salvaged piece of s***.

Happy New Year

mikehinkle

What about the gutted green one?

Needs heater core, ac lines, all of the interior, ac compressor and all wiring is there. I'm assuming its as easy as replace the heater core and run the hoses. Run the belt for the ac, all lines, have it charged. Replace the interior switches for the ac/heat. PS pump run the belt and lines. I could get everything at a scrap yard. Car is 800 I have 1700 to invest in it. Bone stock Ls with 159k

mikehinkle

Ended up driving 2 hours and picked up a 96 Ls with 212 on the body 120 on the motor. Drove it back ran great. Needs a shifter few dents and dings faded paint 2 grand. I felt satisfied with the deal.

Will upload some photos tomorrow after I clean her up. All stock minus intake, sk2 springs.

Needs a shifter current one is taped up. What's recommended?

mikehinkle

Recommended plugs, gap, recommended oil and filter, safe to seafoam the intake on these cars? Doing the valve cover gasket and cam seal tomorrow. When they say use Honda bond on the four corners does it mean on the vc or on the head? And prior to placing the vcg or after?

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=90177
This may answer some of your questions.

I would check the filter on the intake. If it's an eBay filter, it could probably use replacement. eBay filters aren't necessarily safe to use.
As far as a shifter, an OEM shifter with some polyurethane or Hardrace bushings is the way to go.
I've used Seafoam before, but I've never done the intake on a car; just the crankcase and the fuel system. Seafoaming just those two areas really does make a difference. I wouldn't worry much about Seafoaming the intake.
Vc gasket and cam seal are both a piece of cake. I used RTV blue silicone on the cam seal and I've had zero issues and zero leaks. The seal has been on there for over a year now and it's got over 10k miles on it.
As far as the Honda Bond, I'm assuming that they're referring to the cam seal, but RTV blue silicone works just fine.
Looking forward to seeing pictures and your progress! Welcome to CI.