Considering In Enlisting In The Navy

Clutch

I'm So Clutch!
So im considering in enlisting. The economy is shitty right now. There are hardly any places hiring here where I live. I am currently going to a university, but its getting harder and harder to get loans. So I am enlisting to better myself, prepare for my future and make it financially easier for my parents. Im going to make bank and blow it on my car =P So I am wondering if anyone has enlisted in the navy before or know anyone who has. Im just looking for stories, experience, and advice. im probably planning on getting stationed in Japan!!!!!

Last edited:

ripbob

Sith Lord
It's almost like a nine to five job except it's very structured. My buddy is still in the air force and plans to retire. Best of Luck to you.

cyclotegra

I have a friend that joined the navy little less than a year ago. He was lost before he left with living here, couldn't hold down a job, wasnt going to school, etc ya know. Then he joined. He came back for xmas break for a couple weeks. He told some stories, he loves it, loves everything about it.

XxCaryxX

Of the 4 of us, being myself and closest buddies, I am the only one to not join the military. 1 is a Navy Nuke, 1 is an Army Scout, and the third is an Army Missile systems Tech. They all enjoy it. I almost joined the marines, but then met my girlfriend and decided against it. Air Force is 'safest' way to go, and the easiest. Navy is not bad either. Just depends on what you want. Best of luck to you man!

Last edited:

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
Chair force. Theyre pretty much the 'girly branch' of the military.
The navy and air force offer more tech career training..My father was in the navy and my step-dad is retired air force.. Say what you want but I support and respect all branches of the military

Dman

Every branch is different... but they all are a necessity to keep our country safe. Don't join the military for the money, that is... in my opinion the worst thing you can do. If your gonna do it, do it for yourself and the pride of our country. It will be one of the biggest culture shocks of your life, but if you stick to it and don't get too stupid, it can be the best thing to ever happen to you! I spent four years in the Marine Corps and to this day i still regret getting out. It showed me all the things i took for granted, now i look at life through a whole new perspective. ANYWAYS... Good luck in what ever you do, and remember nothing in life is easy, everything takes time.

L_Acura_S

Every branch is going to be fun no matter where you go. I swore into the marines on the 2nd of this month and cant be more optimistic. No matter what your experience will be memorable that's for sure. Congrats with the decision

Clutch

I'm So Clutch!
The navy and air force offer more tech career training..My father was in the navy and my step-dad is retired air force.. Say what you want but I support and respect all branches of the military
yeah, i wanted to do something with computers. i am doing client systems. im good with computers. im going to get more training and im going to be doing computer analysis and repair. i have 3 buddies in the air force right now, they told me im going to be working with super computers that makes them feel intimidated just looking at it. i can get guaranteed a job and station if i get it placed on my contract when i sign up. so im going to make sure i get my job and im planning on getting stationed in japan for 2 years! when i get stationed im buying a laptop and a nice camera and ill stay active on the forums. :suprise:

Last edited:

Dman

Every branch is going to be fun no matter where you go. I swore into the marines on the 2nd of this month and cant be more optimistic. No matter what your experience will be memorable that's for sure. Congrats with the decision

Good luck! I hope you have thick skin!!! Its all worth it!

speedin

The Transporter
yeah, i wanted to do something with computers. i am doing client systems. im good with computers. im going to get more training and im going to be doing computer analysis and repair. i have 3 buddies in the air force right now, they told me im going to be working with super computers that makes them feel intimidated just looking at it. i can get guaranteed a job and station if i get it placed on my contract when i sign up. so im going to make sure i get my job and im planning on getting stationed in japan for 2 years! when i get stationed im buying a laptop and a nice camera and ill stay active on the forums. :suprise:
Get it in writing when you sign-up. Recruiters will trick you and "promise" you certain things only to have just twisted the words a bit.