Coolant Leaking, need help asap!

95-integra

what up CI, im new and looking forward to learning alot. so i been noticing a coolant leak and it isn't my radiator leaking. i really dont know alot and dont have money to go to a shop. i tried looking for the leak from the engine bay but couldnt see any so i jacked up my car and went under and it was horrible. coolant everywer and by the looks of it the coolant is corroding everything its coming in contant with. Can anyone help me with what's wrong? what do it need to do? thanks!

mirrorimg

Its one of the following:
Radiator end tanks
One of many coolant hoses
Water pump

You need to clean that off. Give the entire motor a good cleaning. Once you do that, you will have an easier time locating the leak. We really cant say where to look, since there are SO many places it could be. Try localizing the leak first. Check the left side of the motor, then the right. Which one has more coolant?

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
Its one of the following:
Radiator end tanks
One of many coolant hoses
Water pump

You need to clean that off. Give the entire motor a good cleaning. Once you do that, you will have an easier time locating the leak. We really cant say where to look, since there are SO many places it could be. Try localizing the leak first. Check the left side of the motor, then the right. Which one has more coolant?
^This..

It can be a pain but you have to deal with this ASAP..looks like a pretty bad leak but if you're lucky it could just be a hose which would be fairly cheap to replace.

95-integra

well i kept looking around then i noticed coolant sprayed onto under my hood near the brake fluid container, and kept looking how did it do that and my alternator look like coolant messing it up too, it looks like its rusting or fried?, so i went to start it to move the car and it wont start now. Im in the worst mood right now. i appriciate the help, so here is wat i think, coolant leaking badly, getting everywhere, made it to the alternator, fried it, and now car wont start, so now i have to make it to a shop, is it safe to drive?

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
damn man that sucks..it's never really safe to drive a car like that. overheating can really mess it up

97GSRVTEC

Yeah blake like you said it looks like coolant is coming from behind the timing cover (POSSIBLY) and leaking onto the oil pan and everything else. Might as well do the timing belt service, new tensioner and water pump when you get into it. Most likely the seal is bad on the water pump, common replacemnt for Hondas I hear.

Afireinside

Its probably the 5/16 coolant line that goes from the IACV to the back of the block under the intake. I have seen many leak there. Start by hosing everything down and isolate the leak a little better.
Good luck