coolant problems and ????'s

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
ok so ive been tinkering with my car trying to find my problem for about a month and a half on and off when im free and im out of ideas so ne help guys wld be GREAT!

so a little history, first i noticed that after a few min my upper radiator hose wld fill with air, so i wld open the bleeder let it all drain out, the fans wld kick on and then it wld happen again.
so i thought it was my t-stat stuck closed, changed it and nothing. then i noticed that my radiator had a small leak. so i replaced that...still no solution. but i noticed that my fans no longer come on now. i just wanted to start fresh so i replaced the fan switch, coolant temp sensor, and the sending unit. now two days agot i was told that i need to take the t-stat out and see if the problem happens faster and its the water pump....well it did. so i replaced the water pump ( and when i got to it i noticed there was coolant leaking around the gasket) flushed the system and my problems as of right now are.....the hottest the t-stat gets is 160, while the block is running at around 250-300 and then fans do not come on (no matter how long i run the car (45min)) and it still fills with air!!!!! i just ran a compression test and all 4 cylinders read btwn 175 and 180

does ne one have any advice or heard of a similar problem????

XxCaryxX

I am not sure about your coolant problem, and I am assuming you have checked your hoses and all that good stuff. For your fans tho, I would check the relay (I think there is one). If I am right, it would be located in the engine compartment near the firewall on the passenger side. I am not at home so I can not run outside and double check myself. GL and hope some more knowledgeable people hop on and help. :D

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
Haha ya the relay is fine I have a open in one of the wires

but with the Coolant I'm still lost I did a radiator pressure
test and a compression test and everything is with in specs

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
I Think I Have The Same Prblem, My Car Was Fine Until I Replaced The Throttle Body And One Of The Screws Wasnt Tight All The Way And The Coolant Came Out From There And It Over Heated My Car(girlfriend Was Driving The Car, I Was So Mad When She Pulled In And There Was White Smoke Coming Out Of The Hood!!) And After That, I Tighten The Screw Then I Was Still Over Heating So I Checked My Hoses And One Was Leaking So I Fixed That. Then It I Would Check My Antifreeze And It Would Be Low Still So I Changed My Thermo, But Its Still Doing It! And Now I See Colant Coming Out From The Head Gasket/ Oil. (well It Looks Like Its Coming Out From There) So Im About To Do A Radiator Pressure Test And Cylinder Tes To See If I Blew My Headgasket.. But I Was Reading That If You Change Your Thermo Has An Air Hole And It Should Be In The Upward Position So It Will Work Right. I Dont Know If Thats True So You Can Try That I Guess, But Is It Hard To Change A Head Gasket?? Or Are Those Chemicals That You Buy At Auto Zone That You Pour In The Radiator To Fix Head Gaskets Work?