Cooling Issue.

The green plug. Coolant temp sensor (NOT SWITCH)
You will need to drain coolant to that level so it doesn't all pour out.
Look for a DIY.

There's a wire / sensor in back of the block that turns on the fan. Test your fan first, then look for damaged or cut wires in the back of the block. Right beneath the Oil Filter.

THIS CAUSES A CODE 6.

(Ignore the fact this is of a B18C1. It's on the same place.)
The green plug in that picture is the Vtec pressure switch.

Cripton805

The green plug in that picture is the Vtec pressure switch.
YES THANK YOU. I don't have a B18A1 anymore, so I can't personally get a pic. lol
It should be the black one then. I'm trying to go by the diagram. It looked like it from the diagram.

I have done this before personally and fixed code 6. So it's from experience.
It's that general area by the Coolant hose.

YES THANK YOU. I don't have a B18A1 anymore, so I can't personally get a pic. lol
It should be the black one then. I'm trying to go by the diagram. It looked like it from the diagram.

I have done this before personally and fixed code 6. So it's from experience.
It's that general area by the Coolant hose.
Did correcting you strike a nerve?

Prozon

Kris
I read that as legitimate thanks, not anger haha.

dlo253

Idk about that, tapping into your wires is unprofessional and very rigged, it's probably cheap and better to do it in the description i posted above ^^^^. You also dont have to worry about it coming unplugged, if you get it snugged in it wont come out.
Unprofessional? Were not talking about just splicing a few wires and using electrical tape.....its all direct wiring. Strung with professional quality to a mounted switch... not half assed lol. I get what you are saying, but ya.... have you ever been to the race track? I see a lot of people who have their fans going to a switch like that.

Prozon

Kris
A cheap and reliable way to get your fans on, is to take the wired connector that plugs into the Coolant temperature switch and put a paper clip into both wholes, this will allow the fans to come on when ever the key is turned into the on position. I've done this and had this setup for a while.
I just tried that and my fan still doesn't get any power. If this is jumped does that mean the fans WILL be on when the key is on, or are there other sensors in this equation? If that's the only thing that needs to be done, I guess I have to rip my harness apart and start tracing wires. :\

Sorry about the threadjack, but I feel the information could help us both. ;)

dlo253

I'm tellin ya, wire your own switch: ) lol. And imo more "professional" than a paper clip......lol.

Prozon

Kris
I'm sure there's a DIY somewhere on the net. It's really just wiring a switch to any kind of power source.

Sean76

Was sorta skimming through this thread and I didn't see any chatter about the relays. I just replaced the relay for my A/C fan that wasn't turning on a few days ago and it fixed it. That one was $35, and the coolant fan relay is $10 at Advance Auto. If it's not those you can return them with the reciept, can probably do it right in the parking lot.

Prozon

Kris
I spent a very long time testing relays, jumping sensors and tracing wires.
After all that, I got pissed and gave up- wired myself up a switch.

Later that night I had a short on my boost gauge's lighting, popped the gauge cluster/taillight fuse. I was looking at the fuses and noticed "Cooling Fan" was burnt out. I'm somewhat annoyed lol. I'm almost afraid to actually replace it and see if my fan gets power, because if it does- I will have a cool inconspicuous switch for nothing!