Cop Problems

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
Hey everyone,

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with or at least direct me to where I can get help.

In the last 4 weeks (for some strange reason) I have been harrassed and pulled over by the police....4 different times. 2 of those times in the last 2 days. :evil:
-The first time was because my lights supposedly were not working. But he ended up letting me go after tearing my car apart for drugs or weapons.
-The second time was for my car being too low which was a fix it ticket.
-Yesterday was because there happen to be a green integra that was stolen and I fit the description. They obviously let me go since the car was under my name. They did apologize though...which was cool.:roll:
-And Today (on my way to work) I was pulled over because I have an illegal exhaust. An illegal exhaust? Really? :???:

So, my question is how can I go about knowing my rights as far as the legal heighth of my car or showing proof that my exhuast is not "ILLEGAL". :x I just want to protect myself from unlawful tickets that are becoming more of a hassle than anything. My parents told me that I should expect this since I own the kind of car that I own. Wellllll, excuuuuuse me for not wanting to own a fuckin Camry.

Last edited:

mastershank

hit up your city hall and theyll give you a packet on regulations for your car

if not, just go on your citys website

jznsn2u

keep your receipts of your mods with you. thats what i do for my motor. and be polite to the police even if they are assholes.

mastershank

just tell em youre a fuckin g

i got out of a ticket last week saying that ;)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
THIS is the way you do it. since your location says torrence im assuming you are in CA. If you have tickets they will have vehicle codes on them for the violation. google them up and print out the laws, and keep them in a minilla folder or some sort of folder in your car, i do it with my laws as well as my CARB papers. For the exhaust ticket, they HAVE to measure your db levels, this stated its about 95dB at around 5k reving. there is no way you can get a ticket unless they measure you. pm me if you have any other questions

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Your parents are right! You live in Southern California and drive a Honda, get used to it.

If you're worried about it then just buy parts that are legal and carry around the paperwork that proves that they are. But that still isn't going to keep them from harrassing you if that's what they want to do.

Hey everyone,

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me out with or at least direct me to where I can get help.

In the last 4 weeks (for some strange reason) I have been harrassed and pulled over by the police....4 different times. 2 of those times in the last 2 days. :evil:
-The first time was because my lights supposedly were not working. But he ended up letting me go after tearing my car apart for drugs or weapons.
-The second time was for my car being too low which was a fix it ticket.
-Yesterday was because there happen to be a green integra that was stolen and I fit the description. They obviously let me go since the car was under my name. They did apologize though...which was cool.:roll:
-And Today (on my way to work) I was pulled over because I have an illegal exhaust. An illegal exhaust? Really? :???:

So, my question is how can I go about knowing my rights as far as the legal heighth of my car or showing proof that my exhuast is not "ILLEGAL". :x I just want to protect myself from unlawful tickets that are becoming more of a hassle than anything. My parents told me that I should expect this since I own the kind of car that I own. Wellllll, excuuuuuse me for not wanting to own a fuckin Camry.
Unfortunately, your parents are right. You're going to get treated like that because there are a lot of Integra owners that drive like complete ass hats. It sucks, but that's just how it is.

Getting pulled over because your car matched the description of a stolen Integra. It sucks you got pulled but its a good thing that the cops are actually looking for stolen cars. Being someone who has had their car stolen, it's nice to know that not all cops are like the ones in Houston and they actually give a shit about finding stolen cars.

As far as the illegal exhaust goes, you need to check your state and local laws regarding it. Back in Va, anything that wasn't OEM or an OEM spec replacement was considered illegal.
Best advice, try and be as inconspicuous as possible when you drive. Don't attract the attention of the cops any more than just being in an Integra already does.

Hope they lighten up on you.

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
hit up your city hall and theyll give you a packet on regulations for your car
if not, just go on your citys website
I called both Carson and Torrance City Hall and they referred me to the DMV. I'm going to the DMV later today. UGH! I hate the DMV....the line and wait is usually long as hell. I'll let you know what they say later today or tomorrow.

keep your receipts of your mods with you. thats what i do for my motor. and be polite to the police even if they are assholes.
I'm always polite to the police. I give them Yes & No answers, but in these matters it's not helping me. And I would show them my purchases, but I already know they will disregard my purchase. Trust me...these cops don't give 2 shits that you have a receipt.

THIS is the way you do it. since your location says torrence im assuming you are in CA. If you have tickets they will have vehicle codes on them for the violation. google them up and print out the laws, and keep them in a minilla folder or some sort of folder in your car, i do it with my laws as well as my CARB papers. For the exhaust ticket, they HAVE to measure your db levels, this stated its about 95dB at around 5k reving. there is no way you can get a ticket unless they measure you. pm me if you have any other questions
This is great info Samurai. Yea, this cop didn't measure the db levels at all. He just told me i had a lot of smoke coming out and so therfor that gave him permission to right me a tichet. Again, I don't want to come at the officer by saying, "You can't right me a ticket because you have to measure my db levels" because he'll probably right me another ticket ha-ha. What I need is the legal terminology to explain to the cops that I am within legal rights with the mods I have on my car.

Your parents are right! You live in Southern California and drive a Honda, get used to it.

If you're worried about it then just buy parts that are legal and carry around the paperwork that proves that they are. But that still isn't going to keep them from harrassing you if that's what they want to do.
Unfortunately, your parents are right. You're going to get treated like that because there are a lot of Integra owners that drive like complete ass hats. It sucks, but that's just how it is.....
I know the car I have along with the modifications I have on it will bring attention from COPS and THIEVES and I honestly have no problem with getting pulled over. It sucks, but I've accepted that. My problem is getting tickets all day everyday just because a cop says so. I don't have the time nor money to go to court and pay for a fix it ticket. This is my problem and this is what I want to protect myself from. The notion that you own a particular vehicle and your just gonna have to take it up the ass is a gross exaggeration.

I contacted a legal service and I will get info from that to find my legal rights and what I can do to defend myself.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
it's the car man.it sucks, they u-turn when they see me. i got pulled over going to church in the parking lot and he asked me where i was going:what:im too low and my tint & exhaust is illegal but im told there mainly looking for drugs and such.

IntegraUA

ive never heard of " Your car is too low"" Really?? i love to read that TOO LOW regulation and find out the reasons.... but When i bought Integra guess what... i got pulled over on the Second day of owning that car and cop said that he could not see my temporary lisence plate.. but he let me go and stuff so yeah...

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Join the club. I got pulled over 3 times in 4 days. New record for me and my group of friends.

-no wipers: safety hazard
-too low: middle of headlight needs to be 22" from ground
-multicolored head lights
-aftermarket exhaust
-possible stolen vehicle
-driving a honda in california

List goes on...

iheartmyteggy

thats just cops bro.
i have the same problem. it seems like they are out to get me sometimes.
as long as you arent doing anything REALLY illegal you should be fine.

dc2darkness

coy said it driving a honda in cali. but what I never got is how people driving around with crotch rockets and loud ass harleys get off and we get nailed for loud exhuast.