Core support woes!

arimahmad

My integra has been through alot, you can sometimes tell when you look at it, and you can definitely tell when you run the carfax, haha.

SO, I ended up uh, in an accident? If you can call it that. Long story short brakes didn't work. bada bing bada boom! i hit the metal barrier/divider at 30 mph. messed up my bumper for sure, BUT my ebay HID headlights survived without a scratch! 8)

Fixed the brakes and I swaped my 90 bumper for a 93 one, looks great. BUT my headlight on the driver side is not aligned.

Driverside core support is too high. I am not a body woman, so I have no idea how to get this problem resolved.

I heard that I can just simply replace the core support by taking it out and getting one from the junk yard that is not too mangled. and spray paint it red.

I also heard that this needs to be welded on....

So which one is it?

DarkDB1

You might of bent it up, But first I would check the mounting points to the headlight and if its lining up with the fender it might be your bumpers mounting point being bent. Make sure it's on there straight and properly aligned to the bumper support... For some reason these cars really don't like to have the entire front end line up perfectly after any sort of minor repair.

But if the core support/radiator support needs to be replaced you will have to get the entire front end taken apart, Then have it chopped off and another one welded on... For body men doing this for a living it's kinda easy to do.

GYROE-1

GYROE-1
I hate it when parts dont line up...literally! I am a body tech and have been for over 10 years. Does the headlight itself sit too high in the hole or when you turn your lights on is the driver light shining higher than the passenger?

arimahmad

I hate it when parts dont line up...literally! I am a body tech and have been for over 10 years. Does the headlight itself sit too high in the hole or when you turn your lights on is the driver light shining higher than the passenger?
It does both. :(

I literally cannot see anything on driverside the headlight beam is too high, and now everyone oncomming flashes thier lights at me.

I'm thinking I might attack the radiator support with a hammer. That can only help right? :roll: